Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help agian on my 660 raptor 2001

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help agian on my 660 raptor 2001

OK i was out at big rock this weekend everything was great for the first like 3 hours on then it just went to hell when i pulled the clutch in and put it in gear it felt like it went into geat but when i would release the clutch and give it gas it would want to go but it never did like i could feel it like move forward a bit but it never actually went anywhere do you no what might be wrong????? And do you think this problem would be the same reason that when i go to fire up my raptor now it sound like my gears are grinding and sounds horrible.

thanks

New to the raptors

Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help agian on my 660 raptor 2001

OK i was out at big rock this weekend everything was great for the first like 3 hours on then it just went to hell when i pulled the clutch in and put it in gear it felt like it went into geat but when i would release the clutch and give it gas it would want to go but it never did like i could feel it like move forward a bit but it never actually went anywhere. And do you think this problem would be the same reason that when i go to fire up my raptor now it sound like my gears are grinding and sounds horrible
Well They starting thing is your starter clutch..And you need one if its that back..Every time you start it with a bad starter clutch you getting metal saving in your case..Get on ebay Look up LA starter clutch and get one of them..They last alot longer than a OEM...And the LA starter clutch will run you right at $200.00

Well there are a few things it could be when you pulled in your clutch and now it will not go..You could have broke a clutch spring..Or you could have broke a clutch fiber...If i was you i would order a Barnett dirtdigger clutch setup..It comes with all new fibers and springs..will run you $120.00 Bucks.....BUT If its not your clutchs im sorry to say..Your tranny has went out..And that is going to cost..So i would get the LA starter Clutch..(you need that no matter what) And the Barnett Dirt digger clutches...Im sorry for the bad news..Iv just been though it..