Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Wont Run/Runs Like Crap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Wont Run/Runs Like Crap

I bought a warrior about 2 weeks ago,didnt have a coil. I had a quadracer coil laying around and it looked to be the same as the Warrior coil so I used it. Ran ok for a little while, then wouldnt crank off battery, had to push it off and woulndt idle when it cranked, changed carb to a lectron 40mm and wouldnt crank at all, then went to a 30mm lectron,same thing happened,nothing. Cleaned stock carb pretty good and put it back on. Wouldnt crank with start button, wouldnt push or pull off either unless I let off the clutch and mashed the start button at the same time,then still wouldnt idle. IDK guys ive been working on this thing for 4 days straight now and the more I have to look at it the more it pisses me off. Any help would be highly appreciated, the coil may be to weak but im not sure because it ran fine for a few days.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i'd say the coil.. it's probably not putting out enough of a spark... how is the spark??

Old 10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

It has an orange spark with a brand new plug at all times, but like i said, the coil is off a quadracer and its almost the same thing, If it is the coil then i will find out tomorrow by borrowing my cousins coil off his warrior. IDK though, im disgusted with it, the clutch slipped bad,put clutches in it from a banshee that were pratically brand new and it went from slipping a little to slipping bad. I can fix the clutch problem somehow but its not really worth it if it wont run right? Thanks man.