Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ProArmor Fat Peg Nerf Bars Installation on a 700R

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:56 AM
SJ
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProArmor Fat Peg Nerf Bars Installation on a 700R

Does anyone else have this set up? I started last night and was so pissed at the lack of instructions that came with it I tore most of it back a part and took pictures step by step of how I installed mine. The Pegs and Nerfs are of great quality and really look good but if you're not mechanically inclined you are going to get frustrated. Everything is vague in the instructions. The instructions do not list what tools will be needed and there is only two figures (pictures) of what the routing of the web should be. These are some of the worst instructions I have seen. Nerf Bars look as though they would be easy to install but there is a little more to it then I thought. Luckily I happen to have the tools to complete the job but I can't help to think about the poor guy who thinks he will just bolt and go. Also these instructions clearly state at the top they are for a Yamaha Raptor 700R but after reviewing some of the instructions I get the idea they are somewhat generic. The Pegs are almost 3? longer the Stock pegs which very nice. I am currently marking all the pictures I have taken which will probably take a couple of days but I will post them when I am done. Oh, earlier this week I received a $130.00 credit from Yamaha for reporting to them the GYTR Skid Plate for the 700R had the drain hole for the Oil Tank in the wrong spot. The official word from Yamaha is, "You should remove the Skid Plate at every Oil Change." It should have been, "Our Quality Assurance program on the Skid Plate didn't do their job." I will post pictures of the Skid Plate tomorrow.