Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee bogging??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys!!
I really appreciate all the useful info. Thanks alot!

Old 12-10-2000, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

Well guys, just went for a ride yesturday with my wolv. and my two other friends. One was riding a 300ex and the other with his 01 Banshee. He studded his rear razer. There was about an inch of snow on the trails and was perfect although it was around -30 with the wind chill. We were well dressed but hands got cold at first but warmed them up on the muffler and then they were fine for the rest of the 4 hour trip. The Banshee ran pretty good for most of the trip accept toward the end, I could here him back firing real bad. When we got home, we parked the bikes in the garage and he removed the seat. We checked the filter and at the entrance we noticed that the gap between the seat and the gas tank allowed snow to go into the filter. Were guessing that water must have gotten into the carbs. We removed the spark plugs and the color was good so the bike gas was properly mixed.

He will be bringing it to the dealer to get checked.

Besides that, it was another awesome trip, everything was frozen and we had a blast messing around on open ice in pits along the trails. We went to a lodge out int the woods where there is music played on Friday and Saturday nights. Its a club accessible by car and atv's, snowmobiles, etc. There were about 14 other atver's there. Can't wait till our next trip because I'm pretty sure the ice on the rivers will be thick enough to travel safely on.

Anyways just thought I'd let you guys in on whats going on with his Bansh..

Later.

Old 12-11-2000, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Mine does that to.It's been cold here in Pa.But I figured going to the 2-stroke it would be ***** out all the time anyway.But I miss just being able to crack the throttle a little and the response be smooooth as silk.The bogging really ticks me off.I will try some of these tips.This da-n thing is a whip-lash machine and I am no-where near done yet.Seems like you are on it or off it.Drag racer is right.No tooling around here. Thanx guys..

Old 12-11-2000, 12:45 AM
Range Rover

Thats just the way Banshees are, they have no power until the powerband kicks in. Tell him to sell it and get the DS or Raptor

Old 01-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Whe I read the first post that's what I tought too...... If you want low end get a 400ex or a raptor....

I know banshee are bitches in the woods....... BTW: How come my old suzuki had more low end than my banshee even thou it's a 250 ?????? Do powervalves make that much a difference ???????

Old 01-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

First off I am no Banshee "Expert" but between four Banshee's we have had our fair share of problems. One of those many problems is the same as the one you have run into..A 2001 Shee equipped with a K&N and a removed snorkel, now I know I should have rejeted it but its my cousin's quad and he didnt want to, so.... After he became extremely irritated with the low-end bogging he asked me to look at it. I simply found a long flat head screwdriver and went after the air screws, and ABRA CA DABRA it got rid of almost all of the bogging. Here is a link that might help you understand carb jetting and air screw placement (Thanks to MEAT of the BansheeHQ crew)

Meat's Carb Page