Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

06 banshee upgrades advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 banshee upgrades advice

I bought a 06 banshee and im looking into buying some upgrades for some more power.it's stock and need some advice on what to put on it for some more speed.so far ive heard about pipes,filter and jetting the carbs. what else?? looking for something fast but trying to keep it reliable. thanks for any help.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first, you NEED to get yourself a good set of pipes. Ditch them stockers and never look at them again. This is where you will gain your most power on a stock engine. Second thing I would do is get a NOSS coolhead WWW.NOSSMACHINE.COM (Best coolhead in the buissness IMO and the domes are interchangable with pro design and no stud changing is required) and smaller than stock domes bump up your compression For more overall torque and it brings any dead spots in your powerband rite to life!. (Stock Domes are 23.5ccs)(I run 20ccs on 93 octane) Its a fantastic mod to do because not only is it better than a milled and rechambered stock head for overall cooling you always have the options to switch your dome sizes for the compression you want. You can always get your stock head milled and rechambered cheaper than a coolhead for more compression but its not as reliable overall. It does not cool as well. Watch your compression though. 170 and over starts calling for race gas. 3rd get yourself a set of Delta force 3 reeds for snappier throtle responce and a 1-3 HP gain in the powerband. And last but not least get a +4 degree timing plate. Once again after you do this along with your domes you are going to want to do a compression test to see where you are at. If you want more power than that then you will need to get some PORT WORK. Best bang for your uck and depending on what type of port job you get. HOLD ON!!!!!!!

Post your riding elevation and what type of riding you do and we can all help you out on deciding what type of pipes and motor work you should get done.

Last but not least
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ADDICTION!!!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

I almost forgot a very important key in reliability. You need to get yourself a billit Impeller espically if your going to be doing any mods. The stock Impeller is PLASTIC! and can melt very easily causing coolant to leak everywhere and if that happens I hope you have a set of very deep pockets.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE SOUNDS GOOD SO FAR, DONT KNOW THE ELEVATION I LIVE IN MIAMI AND USUALLY DO TRAIL RIDING HARD DIRT. WHAT IS THE IMPELLER?? SORRY NEW TO THE DO IT MYSELF GAME. USUALLY JUST BY THEM TRICKED OUT BUT WANTED TO GO NEW AND START FROM SCRATCH SO I KNOW WHAT THE BIKE HAS.OH AND YEAH IT IS AN ADDICTION EVERYTIME I WANT TO FEEL SOME REAL POWER I JUST SIT ON MY BROTHER-IN- LAWS DRAG BANSHEE. ANY PIPES YOU RECOMMEND I LIKE CPI WHAT DO U SUGGEST.IF YOU COULD POST WHAT TYPE OF HEAD AND DOMES TO GO WITH(SIZE) AND JET SETTINGS. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A LOCK UP CLUTCH AND A STRONGER CLUTCH??

P.S. THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE

Old 10-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GRNDHUSTLE
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE SOUNDS GOOD SO FAR, DONT KNOW THE ELEVATION I LIVE IN MIAMI AND USUALLY DO TRAIL RIDING HARD DIRT. WHAT IS THE IMPELLER?? SORRY NEW TO THE DO IT MYSELF GAME. USUALLY JUST BY THEM TRICKED OUT BUT WANTED TO GO NEW AND START FROM SCRATCH SO I KNOW WHAT THE BIKE HAS.OH AND YEAH IT IS AN ADDICTION EVERYTIME I WANT TO FEEL SOME REAL POWER I JUST SIT ON MY BROTHER-IN- LAWS DRAG BANSHEE. ANY PIPES YOU RECOMMEND I LIKE CPI WHAT DO U SUGGEST.IF YOU COULD POST WHAT TYPE OF HEAD AND DOMES TO GO WITH(SIZE) AND JET SETTINGS. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A LOCK UP CLUTCH AND A STRONGER CLUTCH??

P.S. THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE
No problem us Banshee freaks stick together. The Impeller is this http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=67 It goes in the water pump and the Billit one WILL NOT MELT! I donot recomend CPIs for trail riding they are more for drag and as far as putting CPIs on a stock motor forget about it. Its worthless IMO for the best all around pipe I would definatly go with the Toomey TR6s or T5s. I have a pair of CHROME TR6s for sale MINT! The TR6s are the best pipe for a stock engine with all the bolt ons that I listed and even some mild port work. But if your looking to get some more than mild port work done your better off going with the T5s because they RIPPPP on a stock engine and they pull way harder on a more modified engine. As far as Jetting goes the Toomey kits come complete with the proper jets you need for the pipe and any bolt on mod you put on after that you should be able to get away with the jetting Toomey gives you. As far as the head goes I would definatly go with A Noss Coolhead w/21-19cc domes depending on what gas you want to run. The 21cc domes with the +4 degree timing plate should be good to go on regular 93 octane pump gas cause of your elevation. But if yo go any smaller on the domes you will probably have to run a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110. I wouldent go any smaller than 19cc though with a stock crank. You can either have your crank trued and welded for added strength or get a set of hot rods crank and I even recomend an extra weld on them. If your going to get these mods I definatly recomend a better/stiffer/stronger clutch setup. You wont need the lock up clutch cover but I would go with some stiffer springs and even a Barnett clutch plate setup.
Here is what your looking at. If you want any motor work done I am sending you a link rite now of one of the best Banshee builders out there today. And he has parts and when you buy parts from him if you are having trouble putting them in he will gladly assist you with every step along the way over the Phone. Jeff from F.A.S.T. Racing is a GREEAT Banshee engine builder and one hell of a guy to deal with. His prices are very reasonable too. You will not find any better and you definatly will NOT find better assistance.

F.A.S.T. Homepage
http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/index.asp

V FORCE 3 Reeds 219.00
http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=93

+4 Degree timing Plate-45.00
http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=75

Flywheel puller 12.50 You will need THIS flywheel puller to install the timing Plate.
http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=71

Billit Basket 155.95
http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=39

Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

A other cheep mod you can do it have you flywheel lightend...We ship ours to a guy in new york that does a very good job..I have not found anyone in oklahoma that does a good a job as him...

Old 10-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

Here is Jeffs contact Information. BE SURE to tell him Neil Collins AKA Washburn Recomended you. Call Him!

Give us a shout at:

Store Hours: M-F: 10-6 Sat: 10-2 CST
Owner: Jeff Wendorff
Phone: 1 (785) 364-5325
Email: fastfamily4@earthlink.net
Address: 10243 278th RD
Holton KS 66436

Here is David Noss information about the Coolhead and Domes Tell him Neil Collins recomened you and ask him about the discount! Call him too!

DAVID NOSS
Contact Information
In addition to the information included on this site, we can be contacted at (918) 358-3804 or you can email us at dlnoss@nossmachine.com

Telephone
918-358-3804
FAX
918-358-3923
Postal address
Rt. 1, Box 560 Hominy, OK 74035
Electronic mail
General Information: dlnoss@nossmachine.com
Sales:
Customer Support:
Webmaster: dlnoss@nossmachine.com

Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
A other cheep mod you can do it have you flywheel lightend...We ship ours to a guy in new york that does a very good job..I have not found anyone in oklahoma that does a good a job as him...
I thought about that and the reason I dident post it is it can be a great mod but it can also be a torque stealer. When you lighten your flywheel you definatly get quicker throttle responce and that can be good for many things but depending on what he wants to do to his bike the lightened flywheel isent always the answer. Its cheap to do but its expensive to undo.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

Why is it that only me and driverdoyel contributed to this thread? WHATS UP BANSHEE FREAKS THROW IN YOUR INPUT FOR A FELLOW SHEEAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine done..becouse all i do is dune and 300 foot sand drags...so its a good mod for me..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 06 banshee upgrades advice