Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

07 Grizzly Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Grizzly Power Steering

SOLD

I guess we did it now spent a ton of money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I love spending money anyway we made the deal for a 2007 grizzly and we are trading the old 2005 in on it. Thanks for the videos they were awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] made my day but I don't care to go mudding we us the 4x4 in Utah on the mountain trails and need a bike that was better built for the wife?s needs like EPS and after reading all the great reports from the members here made it easy to spend the funds for a new one.
They gave us a new warn winch 2500 lb for free mounted and roller head. I just need to get some hard cases well one for sure. I always take extra fuel and having a problem putting 2 hard cases on the racks with no place for the flat fuel cells. Need to work on that little problem. We ride for about 6 to 7 hr each day and use a ton of fuel so that is always a problem. The bike will be here is a few days and the color is RED so let?s hope things go well.
I will post some pic when we get it.
Thanks again to all for the information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is a 07 Grizzly Power Steering as easy as a 2wd Honda Rancher. I was thinking about going to a 07 Grizzly. Thanks

Old 11-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

Woodburn,
it's real easy to ride.Not sure how it could be compared to a Honda 2wd.Compared to most of the big bore atv's it's by far the best.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]You don't know it yet, when you get that new red Griz with power steering, you are also going to notice
how many improvements yama made to the 07. Hence you won't be able to help yourself, and you will
trade yours too..

Old 11-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Agree with nearly all of above except for comment on Yamaha aftermarket storage boxes for either front or rear racks. With the Yamaha boxes the stock rack is removed and the box bolts directly to the frame brackets. This gives riders a much lower storage compartment than conventional boxes that bolt to top of racks and will be big improvement in handling. The rubber lid hold down strap will never rust or scratch up and works fine.
Regarding the power steering question, the assist is very subtle and primarily of benefit to older or weaker riders or even for very long and hard rides. Riders just will not get as tired nearly as quickly. Power steering can also be beneficial to riders who occasionally have problems with rock impacts since power steering also acts as steering stabilizer.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

i had 15 miles on my 700 when we got to utah and the paiute trail nov. 2nd. i rode up trail 71, which is a long,rocky, rough and fairley steep hill. i had been up it before on a suzuki eiger so this time i wanted to test the p.s so i did it using one hand all the way. i could drive it anywhere on the trail with ease and no kick back on this hill. however there was a couple of times during the 500 miles we rode that the bars did kick back when hitting a rock with one wheel but nothing upsetting.
you can tell some difference when riding on paved parking lot at dealer but in the rough is where it shines. its a winner in my book!! no matter how old or young you are, its just better.
also this machine will clear all 4 wheels and land flat and smooth without any help to keep the front form dropping like a rock, even with a winch, and 2 gals. of gas on front rack. the eiger would drop the front real quick.
we had to cut our trip short by 10 days because one of the kingquads developed internal transmission or rear end trouble and the best guess by dealer was at least 7 days to repair. already planning to go back next year.