Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly stalling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly stalling?

I have 700 grizzly and after doing some yard work with it when I stop and then accelerate It will periodicly stall. I have no problem restarting it. I brought it in for the 20 hour check up and metion it to the machnic but they were unable to find out the problem. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Could it be that the carberators carbon up after useing at slow speeds or possibly be overheating. No indication lites come on. Thanks for any info.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Range Rover

grizz 700 is EFI it has no carbs. do you let it warm up, or is it cold and you just go, i have a 700FI, and ya it fires up and runs perfect when its -30, but, that doesn't mean pop it into high and jam the throttle, it will stall. other thing is bad gas, if you use a slip tank, or gas jugs, you could be getting dirty fuel. i'm sure you've checked all these things and realize, that you cant drive it hard when its cold, and you said after a while of use it does, but, i dunno, cant really help you. I'm a dealer and we haven't had any problems of that nature with the 700FI now the rhino 660 is a different story but, the 700 has been good. good luck, hope you figure it out.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am thinking of getting a new 700. is there alot of belt whine, at over 45 miles per hour? any other negative issues?

Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

Welcome buddybear
I have one and the bike rules for a big 4x4 they sure handle like a car. The EPS is sweet and no belt whine at all. If you want belt whine buy a Kawi 700 race bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] they sound like a jet plane taking off but the grizzly is a sound machine. They have made a ton of improvements to the bike this year and they also come with a 2 year warranty. You can also get a warn winch 2500 for $69.00 what a super deal from Yamaha. The new 700 come with fuel injection and other great improvements. Go to the yamaha web site and check out the spec. The only - thing I can think about is the payments or not having one of the super bikes.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Several 700 Grizzlys have had an intermittant missing problem that was related to incorrect adjustment of shifting rod. With this situation while running in high gear with high gear indicator light on, the motor would cut out and the reverse light would come on simultaneously. The high gear indicator light stays on during missfire. So check to see of the reverse light comes on at same time as the missfire. If so, you need to adjust gear shift linkage. In two reports, the linkage adjustment was shortened by 1/2 turn and this totally solved the problem. I have not heard of any other type of stalling problem.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: oldturtle
Several 700 Grizzlys have had an intermittant missing problem that was related to incorrect adjustment of shifting rod. With this situation while running in high gear with high gear indicator light on, the motor would cut out and the reverse light would come on simultaneously. The high gear indicator light stays on during missfire. So check to see of the reverse light comes on at same time as the missfire. If so, you need to adjust gear shift linkage. In two reports, the linkage adjustment was shortened by 1/2 turn and this totally solved the problem. I have not heard of any other type of stalling problem.
oldturtle
Thanks for the great info. I copy everything I can get on the bikes I own and this was one that I did not know. I just got the new 700 and it seem great so far but all the info that people post is like gold to me just in case it startes doing something funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Vulcan. You are welcome. You might want to save this thread with more details.
http://www.highlifter.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1608438

Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Range Rover

You are the MAN !!!!
Thanks again.
So much good information out here and so little time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]