Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

tires/wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires/wheels

I just got a new 700 grizz, and wish to upgrade tires.
I have a gift certificate from Cabelas, and wondered if any of you had any recomendations on the tire wheel combos they offer. My riding is mostly woods riding, with some snow, but no real serious mudding. I would like a more aggressive tire than stock, but ride quite a lot on fairly smooth trails and roads, so a super aggressive tread may be unnecessarily rough for most of my riding.
What do you think of their alloy wheels, and what combo would you reccomend?

Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires/wheels

I have been researching tires for 700 Griz also. For a trail rider in all conditions except serious mud then a tough radial like the Maxxis Big Horn is probably the consensus favorite on this forum. These are about 1 inch taller and about 7 pounds heavier than stock in stock sizes. So you gain a lot in tire toughness and traction but loose a little in machine acceleration due to spinning heavier tires and taller effective gearing. Some report that comfort is also improved. If your needs point more to mud or more to lower price or even more to lighter weight for performance reasons then just keep searching and you will get rec'm all over the map.We have been talking about this here;http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/506345.cfm