Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Graphic Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2000, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that there has been previous posts on raptor graphic kits. In fear of ruining it will a dealership put the kits on? How much do they run?

Old 12-11-2000, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaha makes an awesome graphics kit for the raptor, so does FMF. If you get a seat cover plan on spending around $150.......graphics only should be $85.00. check yamaha's website

Old 12-12-2000, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

The dealer around here won't install any stickers.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:22 AM
Range Rover

ERICsRAPTOR,

Don't worry about getting a dealer to install them. A guy in a post I made earlier (thanks, by the way) recommended using Windex - and it works! Just spray a bunch of Windex on the bike, put the sticker on, and move it around to line it up where you want it. Use a hairdryer to heat the sticker up a little and keep molding it (like clay) until all the edges stay down. The Windex will evaporate completely. I experimented with the front grill sticker and at first I thought 'This won't work', but I kept 'molding' it and now it looks factory. I will do the rest when I get my seat back from the upholstery shop (so I can line the tank stickers up with the seat graphics) and the weather warms up a little.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Does it matter if the windex has ammonia in it or not. Did yours? Hey what does the front grill's sticker look like? I didn't even notice it on that one guys ATV. Are there fender ones as well. If not I think that I am going to get some custom ones done.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

I do not have any experience with quad graphics but I do know about boats. Windex is used by all the lettering people that I know of along with a small plastic squeege for removing air bubbles and works great. It is important to use this method when the temps are around room temp or better otherwise the windex may take a very long time to evaporate. I did my boat last spring in temps around 50f and it took almost 10hrs before the graphics were stuck.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

ERICsRAPTOR,

Yes, it was the 'Original' Windex w/ Ammonia-D. I don't know if that makes a difference, but it WORKS!

The front grill sticker sits atop of the front grill and wraps around that 'hump' under the handlebars. It follows the lightning them of the graphics and has a Yamaha tuning fork logo at the bottom. It looks really nice!!! The stickers are very thick and will take a little while to mold since they fold over several different angles.

Also, the seat cover looks great (whole graphic kit w/ cover cost $117) and would highly recommend letting an upholstery shop do the work (cost me $35). The upholstery shop said they cann't believe people try to do these themselves w/ no experience, since they are pretty hard to do RIGHT. He also said the Yamaha GYT-R cover is much better quality than most aftermarket covers he's seen. If you have the cover done before you put on the graphics, you can then line up the tank graphics with more precision to the seat cover.

Old 12-13-2000, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

FYI - Windex is what we use when applying graphics to RC cars too. Even says to do this in the manufacturers instructions!

Old 12-18-2000, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

Where were you Sat?I couldn't make it,but Head 427 said he was 6 mi.away from you. Sammy

Old 12-19-2000, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

ME? If so, I was fixing a problem with my quad(RAPTOR Bogging) in the morning. I was waiting for the phone call(did you get my email on Friday), and after I got no call I went by myself to try out the new pipe(WOW!!!). Couldn't really pinpoint the power increase in the lower gears(except for a few hills)because the quad wouldn't stop spinning. I swear anywhere near Portage gets at least 3-7 more inches than other places. like right now I'd say we have about 3-6 inches on the ground in Portage but at where I work(Milton-South of Williamsport) there is not really antything laying yet.