Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help on my blaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:44 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help on my blaster

hey man get me on aim sometime MulishaTroop97 or yahoo YFM350XWarriorX and we can talk and maybe meet up... maybe you can help guide me with the TORS removal cause lately its been like almost cutting out even when its running right and it backfires...

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is a small electrical wire running into your trottle assembly on your handlebars....cut this wire and cap it....then take off the throttle assembly and find the little square diode that was connected to the wire you just cut and remove it!!!!!this is a safety unit yamaha installed on blasters to take the engine down to idle or kill it when it senses that the throttle is stuck....after it gets old or gummed up it kind of does this whenever it feels like it...and you either have to let it sit or when you kick it or try to push start for a while it vibrates to the correct position again and runs fine...I rebuilt my carb,changed my jetting,reeds,plug,and air filter before a yamaha mechanic told me this!!!!!it works!and has no negative effect on anything else on the quad....after doing this I never even had to remove the tors unit...and I can still adjust my idle by hand, under the seat when I need to!!!!!
p.s.BLOCK OFF THE OIL PUMP if you haven't already!!!!!this is not related to your problem but they do go out with no warning and it will blow your engine immediately when it does!
good luck bro
pps.when I say throttle assembly I am referring to the one on the bars where the thumb lever is..not the carb..

Old 01-17-2007 | 11:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

lol bro read my mods list that suckers long gone... mixing for me and whenever it warms up ill remove the tors thing cause its been cutting out sometimes lately when it runs good actually i think that might be part of it

Old 01-18-2007 | 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

if it were me i`d just get rid of the stock rejetted 26mm carb and upgrade to a 30mm oko.you`ll get more power by doing so...and it don`t have the t.o.r.s system.

Old 01-18-2007 | 12:20 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4542654

is that the tors i pulled it out of the quad tonight but will cut it off if thats it... and can you show me a link to one of these carbs that will fit like off of ebay so i can get demsions and an idea of what it looks like

Old 01-18-2007 | 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

i couldn`t find one on ebay but trenga carries them.

http://www.trengaracing.com/catalog/...roducts_id=231

Old 01-18-2007 | 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

There cheaper from Trenga than on ebay, you will also have to get a reed spacer, but that will help your performance a little to. Your picture wasn't real clear just splice the wires that go into the thumb throttle together, then unhook the electrical wires going into the TORS thing on top of the carburator

Old 01-18-2007 | 11:10 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

lol guys read my mod list... i have both of the things u said i should do already haha... and the piece im holding was under my thumb throttle assembly and it was held on by one screw and is like a little button... only wires i found so im pretty srue this is the TORS reciever

Old 01-19-2007 | 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

no where on your signature does it say you have a 30mm flatslide carb.thats why i mentioned it.that stock carb you have shouldn`t be on there if you want to optimize the mods you have on it already.even with it being rejetted it will not make the power that the 30mm will give you.you should get one as soon as you can muster up the cash....seriously.it will be a night and day difference in throttle response and power.

Old 01-22-2007 | 06:15 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

can anyone confirm that the wire switch thing i pulled out of the throttle is the tors button or wutever it was held on with one screw

Quick Reply: Need help on my blaster