Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help on my blaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007 | 10:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help on my blaster

Ok so i have a descently hopped up yamaha blaster... well today it stopped running worth a crap like it leaned out and kept dying and would only run at a certain RPM... can someone post me up stock jetting specs and arent my reeds going bad...(notice the gap)... please help me out

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4507410][img]http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/1217295248.jpg

zack

Old 01-14-2007 | 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

If they arnt cracked or bent then they havnt gone bad. What mods did you do? TORS removed? Idle screw set correctly?

Old 01-15-2007 | 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Nice name! Welcome to the forum
Heres some jetting guidelines
Jetting Guidelines

Your reeds looked fine to me. If your blaster was running fine, then suddenly running like crap then jetting probably isn't your problem. Like JLsparky said check your TORS if you have one. Or better yet just remove it. Heres a article on how to remove it
TORS Removal

Old 01-15-2007 | 01:08 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

ok... so i still have that big piece on top of my carb... i guess tors... what does it do exactly and how could it be my problem??? if so i have no problem removing it as i build this beast out of 600 bucks worth of parts haha...my dad thought the reeds should lay flat... like today its 10 degrees out or somethin and i go out turn the gas on and choke it and it started the first kick after like 30 seconds i get the carb to run non choked and i start putting around then a minute later i start to get on it a little bit and its running fine then about 2 minutes later it starts to not wanna run certain RPMs or it just dies and i have to wait a little while to restart... sometimes when its idling if i get it to run it just revs so high in neutral that i have to keep pushing the kill switch to keep it from free revvin to high... any ideas?

Old 01-15-2007 | 01:57 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

oh and the gaps between them all werent even they looked kinda warped almost... ill get new ones eventually but that wouldnt make it only run at a certain RPM would it??? like it would run right above idle and if i hit the gas just right i could rev the crap out of it for like 5 seconds and run it thru a few gears and it took off when it finally decided to work

Old 01-15-2007 | 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

The picture weren't that good so you may need new reeds. YOu might also have a air leak. What you might do is get it started and warmed up a bit. Then while is idling take some carb cleaner and spray around the gaskets at the reeds , carb boot, cylinder head, and base of cylinder. If the engine speed changes while you are doing this you have a air leak. You can also do a compression check.

Also was it running good when it was warmer, than when it got cold recently started running like crap. If so it may be the jetting, because when it gets really cold the air gets denser, causing you to run lean. You might take the plug out and see what it looks like.

Old 01-15-2007 | 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Where do you ride at? Some people are trying to get a ride club together. We want to get some better places to ride around here. So check about Kansas City OffRoad Riders theirs a link below. We just got the website up a month ago.

Old 01-15-2007 | 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

What is the tors for what's the purpose?

Old 01-15-2007 | 04:02 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

i would also like a description on what tors does and how to just splice it out of the system... and ill try the carb thing today i think its how cold it is cause it always runs great and never usually leans out to far... when i cleaned my carb out the main jet was a 300... isnt that descent for kansas elevation? and i dont really have any big places i ride just like friends houses or over at lake perry... my favorite spot by far is milford over in junction city its like around the lake with miles of trails and a drag spot... also some almost vertical hills to climb where u just get shot up like a rocket when u get to the top of them lol... ill see if i took any pics

Old 01-15-2007 | 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

The TORS system turn ignition off if the slide in the carb sticks open. The TORS is unique to the blaster and banshee, but I think new ATV are required to have somekind of system to shut off engine if the throttle stick open. The regulators seem to think ATV riders can't shut their ATVs off if the throttle sticks open. To bypass it you splice the two wires at the thumb throttle, then at the carb their is a wire running into the big thing on top of the carb, just disconnect that wire. Here is some pictures of how to disconnect the TORS http://www.rydindirty.com/torsremoval.htm
A 300 main sounds pretty good, but I'd check your plug to see if your running lean

I ride out at Perry to. Haven't been to Milford yet

Quick Reply: Need help on my blaster