Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA (Speciality) REPAIR TOOLS......HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA (Speciality) REPAIR TOOLS......HELP !!!

rruser - Yes the engine has to come out and be split apart. The tranny just started "Jumping" out of gear when you put a load on it ! I will pull the engine and then take it apart on the work bench in the house. I'm trying to find a aftermarket company That sells these speciality tools similar to the OEM tools the Yamaha dealer want' to sell me !!!

Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

hookinup - Sorry I can't help with Warrior questions. I don't own one...only use the picture in my profile !!!

Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i am not saying it says "use yamaha crowbar" but i am saying it is most likely along those lines...

Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A crankcase splitting tool looks more like a adjustable harmonic balancer puller. You might be able to use a rubber strap wrench to hold the flywheel when taking the clutch nut on/off.. but I have never tried this before.

-- I'm not trying to be mean to you speedy. You are always up for helping people and thats a good thing. If you are not 100% about something, do some research about it then post your findings. Thats the whole idea.. to share. I'm not trying to say you HAVE to use the correct tools for everything.. But you do have to know how they work in the first place so you can improvise without causing problems.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default taking secondary clutch off of moto 4 (yfm)

There are many ways without the special tool. The impact wrench usaully puts enough zip on the nut to knock it loose but NO NOT hold clutch with your hands while using one. Putting the bike in gear and holding the rear brake will work if you have brakes. If you dont have a impact wrench and rear brakes a sure way is to take the swingarm off with the rest of the rear end (leave rear shock attatched at the top) and stick a flathead screwdriver through the hole of the frame where the swingarm was attatched to and slide it through the yoke and u-joint. put the bike in gear and slowly build up enough torque to knock it loose with a 23 or 24 mm socket. simple.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

one thing i forgot to mention is make sure the lock washer tab around the nut is flatend out and you should always use a new lock washer when reassembling. and before you go and tear it apart make sure you are useing the right wieght oil. To heavy like a 30w50 espeicialy in colder weather will cuase your clutch to skip. so drain the oil and put in some fresh 5w30 in the winter or 20w40 in the summer.if it doesnt correct the problem then it might be worn plates or other issues.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I know I'm a little late, but I should mention the homemade version of a strap wrench works too..... I use a used up Serpentine belt cut and screwed to a wooden lever..... if you do it right, it will be usable for things a s big around as you wish..... As long as the lever will handle it.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

Tusk makes these same tools for a bit cheaper. Probably not the same quality, but if your not using it everyday then they will do in a pinch. Can check Rocky mountain or Dennis Kirk for them.