Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA (Speciality) REPAIR TOOLS......HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA (Speciality) REPAIR TOOLS......HELP !!!

I went to Yamaha Dealer to price a :Clutch/Flywheel Removal Tool (Also Know As:Mag Holder......YU-01235/90890-01235.....Price $59.00 ............Also: Crankcase Separating Tool.......Yu-01135-A/90890-1135....Price $73.00......These tools will be used to work on a 1998 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4.......These prices are unbelieveable aren't they !!!....Does anyone know of any aftermarket tools that can be purchased for a REASONABLE price that will work As Well as the OEM Tools ????? If you do or have another suggestion I would GREATLY appreciate hearing from you .....Sincerely, DeerMe

Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

all the flywheel removal tool is just a 1 ft lever with 2 botls no the end to hold it.. and the sperating tool is prolly some type of pry par.. all you need is rubber hammer to knock is loose so u can pull them apart

Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

The best clutch holding tool you have is your rear brake. Just have a friend sit on the quad and hold the brakes and the clutch nut will come right off with a breaker bar. Its torqued at around 50ft/lbs I believe.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

You can use an Impact Wrench on the clutch nut, but DO NOT use it to tighten it back up. Torque wrench only.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Speedy2222 - JL Sparky 7 and Atv_Man....Thank You for your suggestions and comments. With the weather this bad I will be taking this motor apart on my work bench. I do not have a air compressor so an impact wrench is out. Ebay had a Clutch/flywheel tool that is suppose to work on Yamaha and Honda engines. It looks like a pair of channel lock pliers with a short bar on the end with 2 pins attached.Does this tool sound famaliar and has anybody used one ? It does not seem very long so I don't think it will have much leverage with breaking bolts loose....any other ideas ???

Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

if u have some welding skills or know someone who does.. i could tell you how to make one..

Old 01-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I am not a welder but If I had a good picture with an accurate drawing I'm sure I could get someone to do it for me!!

Trending Topics

Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well i can give u an estiamte(close) but i can't give u an approximate size... but i will try and take a pic for u and get some estimates

Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

does any one no what the best exhaust is for the warrior

Old 01-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
all the flywheel removal tool is just a 1 ft lever with 2 botls no the end to hold it.. and the sperating tool is prolly some type of pry par.. all you need is rubber hammer to knock is loose so u can pull them apart
Speedy, when was the last time you saw a factory sevice manual say "Use Yamaha Crowbar, Part number Yu-01135-A/90890-1135" The crankcase splitting tool is used because the cranksaft on that motor uses ball bearings and not plain bearings. The bearings will be a snug fit on the crank and in the cases. The tool is not always needed if you plan to leave the crank in one side of the crankcase. Sometimes they will come right apart, other times when you try to pry it apart by hand you can end up cocking the bearing in the case.

As for removing the clutch, You can use some of the tricks brought up here.. if the motor is still in the frame the brakes work nice to hold it. The fancy holding tool does help you get a good torque on the nut when re-installing it though.

Are you sure you have to take the crankcases apart? does it not shift or something?

Quick Reply: YAMAHA (Speciality) REPAIR TOOLS......HELP !!!