Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 660 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 660 4x4

Well after much debate on what to buy, I was looking at new and used machines. I had previously owend a 03 Prairie 650 4x4 that I bought brand new. Prior to that I had owned 3 different sport quads. I have been debating whether to buy another sport or stick with a ute. I did not want to spend 7 or 8k for a new machine so I was limited to the mid size engine ones if I bought new or I could step back up the larger bores if I bought used.

After hours and hours of reading and thinking and looking. I went up to the local shop to see a grizzly 660 4x4 they had advertised that was used but with low hours. After arriving at the dealer to find it had sold that morning I was dissapointed. After a few min of discussion the stealer salesman went to ask the sales manager if they were expecting any other used machines. He replied they had sold the one particular unit that morning but that the guy that sold it back to them actually had bought two identical grizzly's and had brought the other back and sold it back to them just that morning. So they did in fact have one. They changed the oil and spark plug. I rode it and it seemed to be in good order ( i normally don't even consider used )

After some debate with the price I purchased it. It is a 2005 Grizzly 660 4x4 Special Edition with only 135 miles on it. My question is what should I have payed OTD?

So far it has started on first hit of the button every time and it has been mostly in the 20's here when I have rode it. So far I am pleased with that aspect. Hav'nt formed an opinion of the over all machine until I get more time in on it.

khrome

Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Grizzly 660 4x4

http://nadaguides.com

List 5790 per NADA above, what did u pay? I sold the same bike with 120 miles on it, itp rims/589s, winch and snow plow for 6700.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default Grizzly 660 4x4

I paid $4300 plus did a little computer work for the shop I bought mine from. It had just under 1000 miles on it when I bought it a couple weeks ago. The book value on the one I bought (they showed me the book value in good condition and this one was in superb cond) showed $4610. what did you wind up PAYING?

Also when you ride for long periods of time, especially if you are riding roughly over bumpy terrain, I recommend when you stop to take a break every couple hours, make sure there is no grease leaking around the front axle where the main drive shaft going to the front connects to the axle housing. Mine started leaking between the axle housing and the rubber boot that is slightly back on the shaft from the axle itself. Other than that mine is something that I didn't want but once I drove it I fell in love with it and had to have it. It is definitely one of the more powerful machines, and my brother in law has a NEW Polaris 800 Twin cylinder, and I can hang with him in all conditions (speed-wise and any type of terrain).

Here is a pic I have posted elsewhere in the forum about my leaky axle, so here is where you should keep check:

axle1.jpg
axle2.jpg
axle3.jpg