Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Grizz ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Grizz ?

Well I made a big mistake today. Went to my Yamaha dealer, and was checking out the new 07 Grizz 700 FI. After some talk we got down to business of price/ trade value of the old Kodiak. Well he has made it pretty tempting for sure. Question is , how does everyone like the new Grizz, I have heard both good and bad. The starting problems seem about the worst I have heard, I will switch to Amsoil 0w40 on first oil change so that may not be an issue. I am looking at handling characteristics, ride, power, and power steering as the pluses. I also will keep my ITP wheels and Mudlites. Is everybody for the most part really like the 700 better than what they had before? I really like the Kodiak, but I don't think I will be disappointed with a new Grizz. Thanks for all input.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Grizz ?

I really like my Grizzly and can say it's the nicest riding wheeler i've had, except for maybe my Sportsmen. Mine has been trouble free so far, not many miles on her yet though.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default New Grizz ?

It's the nicest 4x4 I've ever ridden (in terms of how the whole package works, rides and performs as a unit) so far. My 700 Grizzly replaced my '05 Brute Force 750 as my primary trail riding 4x4. Sure, it's not as strong as the Brute was, but power isn't everything. Even still the 700 has plenty of power for real world use.

A friend of mine just recently bought a new 700 which replaced his first quad, a '06 Kodiak 450 and he too is very happy with the switch and loves his new machine...

Old 02-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Range Rover
Default New Grizz ?

C/K, you will be completely love the Grizz.The only difference that you will have to get used to is the width.The Grizz is sooooooooo comfortable to ride compared to the rough ride of the Kodiak.

As well as 2TV i traded a BF650i for the Grizz.The Grizz beats the Bf in every way except power.

Excellent choice!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Grizz ?

CK Be careful of the type of oil you use with the 700 grizz because it does have a wet clutch!! As for the starting issue, I only had trouble when the temp was down to 0 or below. Switch to 5w30 CW (cold weather) oil and the trouble was gone. Trust me you'll love this atv if you get it, I know I love mine!! Dog

Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Range Rover
Default New Grizz ?

Unless I am mistaken the tranny on the Grizz and the Kodiak is the same, other than some minor beefing up of the Grizz tranny. The Amsoil works very well with my Kodiak, and unless there is a difference I will use it in the new one. BTW I am going to pick it up in a hour. I went ahead and bought the new Grizzly performance exhaust with it, should sound pretty sweet. Kept my winch and wheels and tires, and went back to the stock exhaust for the trade.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Range Rover
Default New Grizz ?

I've had my 07 Grizzly 700 for two months and have 365 miles on it so far and not had any problems what so ever..I did my first oil change last month and used the 5w oil. To boot, I've never had a problem staring the machine; inlcuding the recent arctic cold we've had over the past month in the northeast. The power steering and EFI on this machine is incredible...No complaints!!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Range Rover
Default New Grizz ?

Wow, you got the exhaust...they were a limited edition and now discontinued pt#.The quality of the exhaust is great.BTW get them to adjust the FI to match the exhaust.Hopefully they will through that in on the deal!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Range Rover
Default New Grizz ?

The exhaust sound is pretty nice, about like the FMF Powercore that I had but a little quieter until you hit the gas, then it sounds pretty sweet. Just rode it up and down the road tonight, the EPS is really a nice feature. The dealer I went to (Obermeyer Yamaha in Jasper, IN) said when they get a new model, he orders several accessories for them, and had the pipe in stock. Didn't know it was discontinued. Really glad I got it now. I will check in on the fuel adjustment when I go for the 20hr service and valve adjustments. I thought it would adjust thru the FI computer and not need to go on the computer at the shop, thanks I will check into that. I will try to post some pics tomorrow depending on how busy it is at the firehouse.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:34 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default New Grizz ?

The manual adjustment to compensate for your performance exhaust can be done right from the instrument pod on your Grizzly (it's a rather complicated sequence but anybody can do it). If your exhaust system came pre-installed from the dealer then hopefully they made this adjustment. Otherwise you may be running a little lean and that may not be a good thing. However for a better performance boost you will probably have to make air intake modifications as well...

Quick Reply: New Grizz ?