Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help need 06 blaster knocking

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help need 06 blaster knocking

whats going on i just bought a 06 blaster about 3 months ago brand new quad ran great two weeks ago i did the whole b1 toomey kit e/i/main jet quad ran great fast and sweet now just yesterday i noticed it making this loud knocking sound coming from the motor thought maybe it was too hot let it cool started it back up same thing loud knocking drove it for 2 more hours then called the day took it out today for about 5 hours quad ran great no power loss starts right up but still knocking and now wont idel its a real loud knock like u can hear it from pretty far away now i need some ideas on what to look at quad shows no leaks fluids are good but i am going to change them spark plug never changed little dark like running alittle rich but nothing crazy dont think it would knock from the plug but going to change no power loss or anything just a real nasty sound i herd that a exhaust leak can sound like a knock but not sure if thats true? anyway any ideas will help otherwise just going to ride intill it brakes which sucks but what can u do thanks

Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

i just bought a 06 blaster about 3 months ago brand new quad
anyway any ideas will help otherwise just going to ride intill it brakes
A....................Just a thought. You might want to take it in under warrantee. If a two stroke is knocking, there is nothing minor that will cause that.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

maybe ur carb idle needs to be adjusted.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you have a loud knock coming from the engine, continuing to run it is probably the worst thing you could do. A knock noise, other than ping or detonation, means something moving is hitting into another component and eventually one of the parts will fail or the metal shavings created will circulate throughout the gear box or engine wearing everthing else.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the help warrenty i dont have i got a 30 day start up one and that was it sucks ***** and for the idel i had it set perfect even after i did the kit the quad idel nice this just happened out of no were i had to turn the screw way up which i thought was werid because were its out now before this probelm it would have been reving real high now it just holds a idel and seeing how i was just pissed i am not going to be riding it intill i find the problem but what should i be doing i am not sure what i should do tear it all apart or what i mean how does a loud *** knock not effect the ride i just dont get it ideas will help thanks

Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

dude is it a constant knock or or dose it just knock about once every few seconds or after u let off the throttel ! cuase my kids blaster has a mean knock in the bottom end i think? i havent pulled it apart yet!
it knocks wene u let off as it dropping off to an idel but like u said theres no power loss ! anyway its a 2003 w a pipe ect.... i decided to run till it blows.... that was 2 years ago and it still hauls *** ?

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

i dont think the knock is effecting your idel its prob the tors bs did u do a carb cap kit? let me know i think i can help the same happend to me.......

Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that all Yamahas had a 6 month warrenty?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

it knocks from the moment u start it to the moment it shuts off at idel its the loudest and no i didnt do the cap i had a problem when i bought it with the idel truned the screw up and was fine now i almost had to turn the screw completey around once just to hold a crapy idle its werid but i drove the quad hard racing people and everything for a good 7 hours this weekend and nothing has changed performance wise besides the idle and that great knocking sound but its deffently a scary sound thanks any other ideas will be great

Old 02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

well if ur not blowing up after 7 hours of hard riding ide just go till she blows.....as for the idel prob the tors system sucks causes alot of trouble. do the TORS removal w carb cap and throttel cable. Get rid of the tors its cheap vitos will have one! after u do that cut the two wires from the tors bs on top o the carb to to the bike wire um together no more probs! then u can easly ajust ur idel

Quick Reply: help need 06 blaster knocking