Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cheap '93 Warrior Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap '93 Warrior Upgrades

I got a '93 warrior i wanna make it a lil faster. What should I get? I gotta keep it cheap though. I was suggested a cam to get some noticable horsepower but I don't know. I know if you wanna go faster get a bigger machine I just wanna get this thing some power. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well a cam would be good that is if you already have a aftermarket exaust if not get a good pipe like HMF but yea a cam -good jetting--good flowing air filter--all would work great for some extra HP... CHECK OUT WWW.ROCKYMOUNTAINATV.COM

Old 03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks 2 fast. I also took the top of the airbox off that was the cheapest easiest thing i was told you can do and it helps her breathe easier but has a lil backfiring with the deacceleration.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Etodaj
Thanks 2 fast. I also took the top of the airbox off that was the cheapest easiest thing i was told you can do and it helps her breathe easier but has a lil backfiring with the deacceleration.
Yeah, you don't want to run it that way. You will burn up your engine running it lean. You have to re-jet the carb. Plus if you don't have a pro-flow intake and clamp on filter you will be letting dirt in by the air fliter because it's held in my the air box lid.
I would get a pipe, pro flow intake and a clamp on air filter and a jet kit and gear up one tooth to take advantage of the added power. You could put a web cam in it but I would do a piston at the same time. Plus you'll have to get valve springs.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: Jasonp
Originally posted by: Etodaj
Yeah, you don't want to run it that way. You will burn up your engine running it lean. You have to re-jet the carb. Plus if you don't have a pro-flow intake and clamp on filter you will be letting dirt in by the air fliter because it's held in my the air box lid.
I would get a pipe, pro flow intake and a clamp on air filter and a jet kit and gear up one tooth to take advantage of the added power. You could put a web cam in it but I would do a piston at the same time. Plus you'll have to get valve springs.
Ditto.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

Air filter.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

this is what I did to my 88 Warrior and I give them 400 and 450 fits in the woods and on the track, first you need to change the front shocks, the ones off the honda 400ex, suzuki z400, or kawaski 400 work very good on the warrior and they sell the shock mounts and a-arm mounts on ebay for the 3" longer shocks, and to widen the front a-arms + 2" for under $100, adj. with 1 inch of toe-in, the stock rear shock is ok, adj. it with 1/2 inch of sag, when you done the frame under engine should be level or just little higher in the front, turn the rear rims around so the valve stems are on the inside this will give you + 2" wider at the rear axle, you need to raise the bars 1.5 " you will need to make new mounts or get the raptor 350 bars I think ther taller this mod will move your weight back , cut bars to 27" wide this will make it steer quicker, put 3/4" of gell pad under your seat cover, I moved my foot pegs back 2.5" and lower 1.5" I think the raptor 350 foot pegs will work, this mod. will lower your center of gravity and move your weight back more, these mods. will make the warrior handle with the best, now the motor you need a die grinder and dremel with sanding drums, I ported the intake and exhaust and matched the intake and carb., the stock carb is ok Im using 45 pilot and 1/16" drilled main and needle 1 clip higher, the intake boot I made bigger with a heat gun and I mod. the air box, the boot and the air box is where your restriction is, that is were you have to get creative, Im using a wisco piston with no base gasket just RTV sealant this will give you about 10.5-1 compression, stage 1 cam, stock pipe you can mod. it with a 3/4" pipe and hammer, it will work just as good as any $300 pipe, 14 teeth front sprocket, now you need a oil cooler, these mod will give you the same hp and speed as a 06 400ex

Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks paulie big help!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Paulie,

Do you happen to have any pictures of this exhaust setup or any more details on how it?s made? I?m just taking a guess here but are you just putting a piece of pipe in the end of the header and not running a muffler at all, or are you pushing the ? pipe through the muffler to the header?

Thanks,

Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

this is for your stock exhaust muffler only, get a pipe that will fit into your 1" muffler and hit it till it stops at your head pipe dont be scared to hit it, or you can take your muffler apart and and you can see what your hitting and cutting, you want to save the 1" tail pipe and reinstall it and than jet the carb, this mod works good and the $$$ you save on a pipe, you can buy a cam, wisco piston, jets for your carb. oil cooler and mod. your air box. just remember for the average rider the warrior has comfortable power and and turns very quick with some cheap mods. you can be just as fast and sometimes faster than a 400 450 or 660 on a mx track or in the woods, I found that the more turns and whoops(bumps) the faster youll be on a warrior,