Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamabond for assembling blaster crankcase

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamabond for assembling blaster crankcase

does anybody esle use this? its the yamabond 5 drying liquid gasket. any tips on applying the yamabond? and is there anything i should be warned about when doing it. i plan on have ing the case together tomorrow so please reply. thanks

Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

4 or 5 will work. I used 4 on my bike and it works great. Just make sure you get it sealed all the way around! double check before you put the cases back together! Put about a 1/8 inch bead around the whole case.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

what do you use to apply it, finger? paper towl? brush? and does it have to be really smooth. and is it a problem if a little bit gets on the inside walls of the crankcase, cuz im afraid that if i put to much im gonna have a major problem to deal with.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I just squeezed it right out of the tube and used my finger in the places I missed. Dont worry about getting it on the inside just make sure you let it sit overnight to dry before you add oil or fluids. Then change your tranny oil after a nice hard ride. Its more important to make sure it seals all the way around than it is to make sure none gets inside. Dont be nervous about it, just make sure you hit the edge all the way around.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

alright thanks alot for your help. this blaster has been givin me ulsers, and im only 16 lol. its my buddies, when i started working on it, there was a detonation in the cylinder. so i bored the heck out of it to clean it up, and put a new piston kit in. put it all together and it smoked like crazy. i thought maybe the mixture was wrong so i wasted about 2 gallons of precious gasoline. turned out the mixture was fine. so then i was riding it down my street one day and the thing started to rev extremely high without givin it throttle. pulled out the key and shut ff the emergency shut off, it kept running for another 15 seconds and i was holding on to that clutch for my dear life hahah. so i gave it a leak test and it held nothing at all. thought maybe it was the bearings/seals so i split the case to find a piece about the size of your pinky nail missing in the crankcase. so the thing was jsut drinkin gear oil. ordered a new case, main bearings and seals, and other things and right now im at about 600 dollars. ALOT of money but my buddy wants it done cuz he put alot of money into it already and he wouldnt be able to sell it for anything. theres alot of aftermarket parts on the bike

Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to help. Good job on finding the problem. Make sure you torque down the bolts in a criss cross pattern and to the oem torque specs, wouldnt want your tranny to seize.