Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

fastest atv in the world is a raptor, guinnes world record

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest atv in the world is a raptor, guinnes world record

Guinness World Record
Terry Wilmeth was declared the Guinness World Record holder for the fastest ATV on the planet with the help of Durablue. He achieved this record the month of July 2005 in Madris, Oregon at the Freeliner Test Track. The top speed reached was 138mph, quite an adrenaline rush as you can imagine and that's exactly what Terry himself described. He gained this incredible speed by using a homemade hybrid rocket thruster on his Raptor 660.

Durablue's Eliminator axle proved its durability by holding up under these intense conditions!

Later in the year, Terry will using one our X-33 axles to attempt to break his own world record for the fastest ATV on the planet. Check back for the results!

http://www.durablue.com/pages/wilmeth.shtml

Old 03-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

138...damn....i bet that would be fun...but dont try to turn

Old 03-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

I remember that they had a test in Dirtwheels about this. They said ye, 138, but it had gone faster. They said something malfunctioned on the rocket causing it to go crazy i guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know alba had a video of the raptor making a pass. I imagine it should still be there.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

my freinds drag banshee had a 1300 hyabusa motor swap and in the sand it would hit over 90, it probably would not run 138, but it was a quick little sucker. a rocket raptor, i think i saw it on the internet, he was ******* out the road with that thing, im pretty sure it was it. i couldnt ride one of them things, i cant see it being very steady. but i could be wrong. i am afraid of high speeds, but i feel comftorable on quads, mabye im just crazy.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

he is on the fourms his name is afterburner do some search and u'll find him. he mostly sponsored by alba. do some searchin over there and u'll find a few vids. cheers....lol. ohh almost forgot. top speed of my raptor on the dyno was 106.6 mph got the dyno sheets to prove it....but i dont have a rocket motor......i think if he put a 780ish kit in it and a custom rear sproket he (or some one else) could get close (but i dont think over) the record.....and on just motor.....i like this record because it is not lettin some hyabussa motored quad with goobs of hp get the record.....i think that this world record is very much still up for grabs....if someone would get some serious money/fab skills and build a "quad" with a street bike motor and 4 wheels....but that is just me. i like the fact that the world record is on a raptor so i can say.....WHAT IS THE FASTEST QUAD IN THE WORLD????? a raptor heck yea.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dwags
he is on the fourms his name is afterburner do some search and u'll find him. he mostly sponsored by alba. do some searchin over there and u'll find a few vids. cheers....lol. ohh almost forgot. top speed of my raptor on the dyno was 106.6 mph got the dyno sheets to prove it....but i dont have a rocket motor......i think if he put a 780ish kit in it and a custom rear sproket he (or some one else) could get close (but i dont think over) the record.....and on just motor.....i like this record because it is not lettin some hyabussa motored quad with goobs of hp get the record.....i think that this world record is very much still up for grabs....if someone would get some serious money/fab skills and build a "quad" with a street bike motor and 4 wheels....but that is just me. i like the fact that the world record is on a raptor so i can say.....WHAT IS THE FASTEST QUAD IN THE WORLD????? a raptor heck yea.

Fastest recorded quad. There are shees that will do over 130mph.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Someone posted a link to a banshee that costed 79,999USA$$$ that thing would probably hit 130 if that is possible

Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I know there's a guy called Scoobydfw on here. Hayabusa DS's and all sorts of stuff. Go to the BRP(can-am) forums, or the project atv forums. Couple guys on her with busas.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dude I have a 2005 raptor 660 and I'm looking for a new exhaust system. Something that is loud but not overly loud, and has a lot of power. I have heard of many exhausts out there like the trinity and yoshi but i havent decieded what one is good for my raptor. I took off my muffler to see what that was like but its overly loud. So if you can help me out that would be awesome. Thanks!