Raptor falling apart

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor falling apart

Huh. Thats pretty much all i do with mine anymore.. Jump that is.. that would be one hell of a panic rev to over rev on a jump. I also don't see how you'd get dirt in your enging. kinda all seems like a load of bullhooky.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Huh. Thats pretty much all i do with mine anymore.. Jump that is.. that would be one hell of a panic rev to over rev on a jump. I also don't see how you'd get dirt in your enging. kinda all seems like a load of bullhooky.

Yeah the only time I ever hear a quad bouncing of the rev limiter is in the whoops section.

Getting dirt in the engine isn't all that hard if you don't clean your filters, but you say you do so that musn't be the prob.
???

Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: 54warrior

Getting dirt in the engine isn't all that hard if you don't clean your filters, but you say you do so that musn't be the prob.
???
But with a K&N the dirtier it gets the better it actually filters. I let em go till its runnin to rich [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] then i clean. ran thousands of gallons of fuel thru quads that way and i aint had no issues.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

i hate my rev lim. i am bouncing on it all the time but then agin thats cause i dont ride mx or trails only do races like pikes peak hill climb and flat track

Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are there some people who think the rev limiter is there to tell you when to shift. It's the same people who blow up their buddy's tuned Banshee because they don't know how to listen to the motor. People knew how to ride when the motor would just throw a rod instead of having an idiot proof CDI cut out spark. Shift when you are still in your peak power range and let the next gear take you up to speed. If you need to redline 3rd gear, but don't have enough horsepower to pull 4th, change your sprocket ratios. Do you really think its making more power when the ignition is cutting out 50% of the time to keep the Rs down? The only time I would ever be pushing the rev limiter is if I was in top gear trying get that last bit of speed. That's just my theory.. why push a 45hp motor to the limit when you can just build an 60 horse that does it in its sleep.