Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

questions about the Advantage Pro Power Pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about the Advantage Pro Power Pack

hey guys, I am new to this forum, and Quads
I got my raptor (350) about a 2 weeks ago.
I know nothing about quads and stuff like that, I can damn sure ride it, but I dont know technical things about them
I have been researching the Advantage Pro Power Pack, is it easy for someone like me to install?
is it worth it?

Old 03-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about the Advantage Pro Power Pack

No, they're not worth it. The filter they come with may be a k&n, but it's a crappy stock-replacement k&n that uses the same poorly designed system as the stock one, where the airbox lid holds the filter down. The jet kit that comes with it is also a waste of money, you're better off just buying individual jets from a powersports shop.

What I would suggest, if you're looking for more power, is to first off buy a clamp-on filter kit from pro-design or noss machine. It comes with an adapter that screws into your airbox and forms a positive seal with an o-ring, none of that foam gasket stuff like the stock type. Then your filter clamps onto that, so you can run without the airbox lid. Removing the lid alone will give you twice as much of a power gain than just putting on an aftermarket filter.

Once you get that installed you'll definitely need to rejet. I'd recommend going to a dealer or powersports shop and picking up a handful of different sized main jets for your carb. Starting out with one size bigger than the stock one, maybe up to 4 or 5 sizes larger just so you don't have to make multiple trips if one isn't right. Jetting isn't exactly a science, so it'll take some trial-and-error to find the best one.

But you just got this thing. Do you really feel like you need more power already? Because if you do, you might just want to save your money for now, because it'll turn into a money pit real quick if you're not satisfied with the power already. Just my 2 cents