Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee cylinders

Ok I am thinking of having my cylinders ported, but the problem is that will I have to re-port them if I resleeve the cylinders so the sleeve with match up with the porting or no? Thanks!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Please re-type your sentence in english and we would be more than happy to help you.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

It is in English....but anyways i want to know if i have to port the cylinders again after i resleeve the cylinders?

Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

I've never heard of anyone having Banshee cylinders resleeved. Your better off buying a set of used cylinders.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: enFORCER
I've never heard of anyone having Banshee cylinders resleeved. Your better off buying a set of used cylinders.
Even though you have a 558 cheetah banshee, it looks like you don't know much about banshee cylinders. They sell big bore kits that come with sleeves and pistons so you have to resleeve it.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bansheednr
Even though you have a 558 cheetah banshee, it looks like you don't know much about banshee cylinders. They sell big bore kits that come with sleeves and pistons so you have to resleeve it.
LOL Hey Einstein, I never said people don't do it. I said I never heard about anyone doing it because you can buy a set of good used cylinders a lot cheaper than those resleeve kits. Buy hey, do what ever you want, a fool and his money are soon to part ways anyhow!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dollar for dollar the used cylinders might come out cheaper but you still need to have them inspected and/or bored out. Sometimes its nice to use parts that you know are in good shape. A Wiseco sleeve is like 80 bucks per plus the cost to press in the new sleeves and bore them to std size. So you could spend close to 150 bucks per cylinder or more. So for around 300 bucks you have a set of new jugs. Cheaper than brand new from the dealer but more than used. I have seen 2nd over cylinders sell for 200-250 bucks. As far as the porting lining up, it all matters what kind of porting you had done. If it was very mild it could have just been a cleanup of the intake and exhaust ports. Either way i'm pretty sure you would want to have it cleaned up after re-sleeving. I wouldn't have it ported if you know you are on your last over-sized pistons.

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bansheednr
LOL Hey Einstein, I never said people don't do it. I said I never heard about anyone doing it because you can buy a set of good used cylinders a lot cheaper than those resleeve kits. Buy hey, do what ever you want, a fool and his money are soon to part ways anyhow!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
The problem is that I don't want to buy a set of cylinders because I want to put in a big bore kit into my cylinders with 68mm pistons and a +4mm stroker crank to make it a 421cc motor.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well ok, lets see here, you will spend $300 or so getting those stock cylinders rebored, resleeved, reported (assuming they have been ported at all) if not add another $300 or so for a good port job. That comes up to $600. You can buy cheetah cup top ends in 68 mm bore for that. And the intake and exhaust ports are much better right out of the box than what you will get from the best ported stock cylinders.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Well ok, lets see here, you will spend $300 or so getting those stock cylinders rebored, resleeved, reported (assuming they have been ported at all) if not add another $300 or so for a good port job. That comes up to $600. You can buy cheetah cup top ends in 68 mm bore for that. And the intake and exhaust ports are much better right out of the box than what you will get from the best ported stock cylinders.
So are you saying that I can get a 68mm bore cheetah cub cylinder for about $600, but how much are the pistons?