Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is a racing blaster illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a racing blaster illegal?

i have a blaster with a race motor, my neighbor says hes going to call the cops on me. i am wondering because i follow the rules but in my atv law book it says nothing about a race motor on your own property please let me know and the lrd environment friendly pipe is it quieter than just the lrd pipe i have on? and suggestions would be really appreciated if you think i'm trying to be mean i'm not its just that he works in the mornings and i ride after school.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

let him call the cops, people do motor swaps all the time, a freind of mine has a banshee with a hayabusa motor. if yours is not a swap then you really have nothing to worry about. they cant do anything, its not like a car, i mean for christ sakes you cant arrest someone for a racing motor. he can call the cops if your riding in his yard or on the main road, but not for a racing motor. hell i took my muffler once just to **** my neighbor off. after he heard it off, he thought it would be better if i rode it with a muffler. so he didnt complain when i came by his house anymore. race motor or not, a quad is a quad, just stick to state law and goverment guide lines and yull be okey dokey.

old people ruin everything...

Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is a racing blaster illegal? Probably not. But, the noise it may make might be. Does your town have a noise ordinance?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

i belive that its a federal law, as long as it has baffels and a spark arrestor then it can be taken to state parks, but in your own yard then you have to obey the peace disturbing thing. no earlier then like 10:00 and no later then 9:00 he cant say anything if your in your own yard. the cops cant do anything about a racing quad, hes just trying to get you to think he can but he cant really.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

hahahahah, do browties right in your yard next to his house. Anything like that to annoy him. Because if I had a a-hole like that living next to me I wouldn't take it.

No it isn't illegal to have a race motor in your blaster.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

i knew thta he cannot have the cops arrest me but i don't want a ticket. he is grumpy usually because he has work in the mornings like i said and he wants peace but i want fun after school. and i kinda race tomuch with my friends in my yard which makes him kinda mad but i do not do it on purpose but oh well.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ask your parents if you can keep annoying the neighbor.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

X2 that would just be fuel for the fire if i heard that from my neibors. then again my raptor has lte duals so she is a little loder than 95db lol

Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Range Rover

when i had my muffler off my blaster it really pissed my neighbors off, i was doin it on purpose, they said it was loud the way it was, so i took off the muffler and they asked me 2 put it back on. man i wish i didnt need the muffler, i love the sound of a un-baffled 2 stroke.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing you have to worry about is a noise ordinance, if you are on your property then you are just fine and have nothing to worry about.
Most state parks have a db limit of 96 decibles so some aftermarket pipes are not allowed.

Quick Reply: is a racing blaster illegal?