Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

question about warrior parking brake

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about parking brake

I just replaced the clutch lever on my 99' with an after market one that does not have the parking brake assembly. Now the quad wont rev it kind of sputters like the parking brake is on. Do i have to do anything with the parking brake lever or wires? any input would be awsome thanks

Old 03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Default question about parking brake

There were two switches on the factory perch that had two wires to each switch. On mine I cut both switches off and had to tie the two wires from one switch together and the other switch had to have the wires apart and taped up so they dont short out anything. Not sure which switch did what, I just tried it one way and then the other untill it worked.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default question about warrior parking brake

You don't need to cut any wires, cutting them and twisting them together is a half-assed way to do it. The right way takes an extra 5 minutes. All you do is take off the headlights and hood so you have access to where the perch wiring plugs into the harness. You will find that one of the switches from the perch will have a single plastic connector. Just unplug that and your parking brake rev limiter is now bypassed. The other switch from the perch will have 2 spade connectors, one male and one female. Unplug those, and plug the harness back into itself. You have now bypassed the clutch sensor and will never have to worry about that crap ever again.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: recon99
You don't need to cut any wires, cutting them and twisting them together is a half-assed way to do it. The right way takes an extra 5 minutes. All you do is take off the headlights and hood so you have access to where the perch wiring plugs into the harness. You will find that one of the switches from the perch will have a single plastic connector. Just unplug that and your parking brake rev limiter is now bypassed. The other switch from the perch will have 2 spade connectors, one male and one female. Unplug those, and plug the harness back into itself. You have now bypassed the clutch sensor and will never have to worry about that crap ever again.
I never said I "twisted" them together. I said I "tied" them together and by this I meant with a heat shrink waterproof butt splice connector. I try not to "half-***" anything and mine has been done like this for 2 years with no problems and I dont worry about it. Your way is probably better, but I was just letting him know how I did mine.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just don't like the idea of cutting wires when it's not necessary, and then having extra wires just dangling around and getting in the way.