Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help with warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007 | 12:41 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default help with warrior

My friend just bought a raptor 700 and has been pushing me to get a 4 wheeler. Right now I can't afford anything too great and cannot find anybody to finance me for a new one. I did however find a warrior 350 that I can afford. Now I have heard many things about these atv's and don't know much about them. I know it will be no match for the raptor but what things can I do to it to help it atleast I can see him in my sights when we go riding. I know the warrior is extremely heavy so is there and way I can lighten it up and what engine mods do you recommend?

Old 04-16-2007 | 02:28 AM
Range Rover

well i have both a warrior and a raptor. those two are a difference between day and night. but a warrior is still fun to ride. in low speed rides you should keep up with the raptor. but in top end wide open areas, he will leave you. i rode a warrior for 2 years then bought a raptor and i had a great time on it. and you are right, i am most positive that the raptor is actually 4 pounds heaver than the warrior. on my warrior i rejected it, KN, and after market exhause. that opened it up a bit. one thing for sure,, if you ever had to take the carb off for cleaning,, it is a heck easier in the warrior than raptor. good luck!

Old 04-16-2007 | 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

You won't be disappointed with the Warrior. Esp. if it's your first machine. This is one of the best selling ATV's of all time. Also consider that until 1999, it was the largest displacement SPORT 4-stroke quad you could buy. Although it's a pretty simple, UN-hi-tech machine. It is probably one of the most reliable machines that has EVER been made. You can have just as much fun on it as you can on a faster machine. Don't expect to go launching it off of any 60ft. triples or taking it onto any hardcore motocross tracks. If you rid the woods, you'll love it. It's a great overall machine.

Old 04-16-2007 | 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes the Warriors are heavy,but it's not the end of the world. Keep your eyes open on Ebay for parts.A few examples of parts to get are K&N filter, jet kit, aftermarket exhaust ( I like the HMF).

Old 04-16-2007 | 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You can enjoy the Warrior just as much as people with 700's. Just dont try to race them, or youll be hatin' that Warrior. I wouldnt worry about the weight too much. Add a good slip-on, like a HMF, a good air filter, rejet it, get a 14 tooth front sprocket, and get rid of the factory rear balloon tires and you should be good to go for now. Then to keep up, you gotta learn how to ride that thang! You can EASILY stay with them in the woods if you are a better rider. The wide open trails are a different story tho.