Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine fuel/air

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine fuel/air

so i'm thinking i might have gotten mine almost to where it will start... anyone know how many turns out you're suppose to go on the fuel air mixture...because after cleaning my carb several times i got it to where it will back fire alot but no starting...i took out the fuel air mixture screw 2 1/2 turns from all the way in and it still seems a little rich. but before i go through the trouble of taking it all apart again i'd like to see if any of you guys know how far to actually get it to start..

Old 04-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I have mine out 2.5 turns and it works great.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

Doesn't that screw only control how it idles?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

did you put it all the way in and take it out two and a half? and it will make it so it wont start plus acceleration depending on elevation. it's what controls how much hair to fuel you're getting. and if this doesn't work i'm back to not having any idea what could be wrong with it....

Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: justhanginout
did you put it all the way in and take it out two and a half? and it will make it so it wont start plus acceleration depending on elevation. it's what controls how much hair to fuel you're getting. and if this doesn't work i'm back to not having any idea what could be wrong with it....
It mostly affects idle as far as I know.

I put mine in all the way and backed it out 2.5 turns. Mine came with it 3.0 turns out but I rejetted mine and the directions specefied 2.5 turns so that is what I did. Maybe I am lucky that it runs well? lol

Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

That adjustment Only adjusts the idle. Take the three screws off of the side where the cable comes in and you will see it is just a throttle stop to control idle. I recently had the exact same problem as you described after I sunk my wolvie in the mud. I pulled off the carb disassembled everything and cleaned real good with carb cleaner. I ended up finding dirt in places like jets etc. This made me relise how stupid it is to have the carb vent tube run down the way it is as that is the only way i believe that i could have sucked up mud as my air cleaner was clean. I found at carb diagram blown up on one of those yamaha oem parts websites. Google yamaha oem parts and than search for model and year/ carb. I never had a carb apart before in my life however, it was not complicated at all. Put it back together and it now runs great. If I can do it anyone can as I am not very mechanically inclined. This also gave me the confidence to pull it off again to rejett it when i put my HMF pipe on this weekend. Buy the way this pipe is awesome!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: qew99
That adjustment Only adjusts the idle. Take the three screws off of the side where the cable comes in and you will see it is just a throttle stop to control idle. I recently had the exact same problem as you described after I sunk my wolvie in the mud. I pulled off the carb disassembled everything and cleaned real good with carb cleaner. I ended up finding dirt in places like jets etc. This made me relise how stupid it is to have the carb vent tube run down the way it is as that is the only way i believe that i could have sucked up mud as my air cleaner was clean. I found at carb diagram blown up on one of those yamaha oem parts websites. Google yamaha oem parts and than search for model and year/ carb. I never had a carb apart before in my life however, it was not complicated at all. Put it back together and it now runs great. If I can do it anyone can as I am not very mechanically inclined. This also gave me the confidence to pull it off again to rejett it when i put my HMF pipe on this weekend. Buy the way this pipe is awesome!!!
Actually we are talking about the small screw on the bottom side of the carb outlet, nearest the engine. Not the idle control screw.

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

When you look up the carb diagram there is no air/fuel screw. If you are referring to the screw on the bottom of the bowl used to drain it the diagram refers to that as a drain plug or something to that extent saying that it is only to drain the bowl. I believe that if you backed this screw out 2.5 turns it would fall out.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Quinn
When you look up the carb diagram there is no air/fuel screw. If you are referring to the screw on the bottom of the bowl used to drain it the diagram refers to that as a drain plug or something to that extent saying that it is only to drain the bowl. I believe that if you backed this screw out 2.5 turns it would fall out.
Nope, not the fuel bowl drain screw. I will shoot a pic of it later.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would appreciate that Thank You!!

Quick Reply: wolverine fuel/air