Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 350 mod question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 350 mod question

Another note - you'll have to rejet the carb if you decide to run without the airbox lid. It's a couple horsepower gain, so it's well worth an hour's work and a $3 jet. You can still run with the airbox lid on, you might just have to grind or cut off one piece of plastic under the lid, the part that pushes down on the stock filter.

Also, you might want to check this out. I found some good deals on the Raptor 350 Pro Design kit on ebay. About $109 and shipping is free. Just search for Raptor 350 k&n. One of the sellers even has 100% positive feedback.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

And yes, the same kit is offered with a Uni filter instead, usually the kits with a uni run about $15 cheaper as well. I would still recommend getting the k&n. I've found that I hate cleaning the foam filters so much that I keep putting off cleaning them until they get dirtier than they should, which isn't good.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool im gonna check it out. BTW do you know any more web site like that one? (Magicracing)

Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

denniskirk.com has a good selection of parts. Their prices are higher than average, but they'll match competitor prices. One little trick I figured out is that you can usually find stuff cheap as dirt on www.atvparts.biz, and then get denniskirk to price match. Atvparts.biz isn't great for customer service, shipping speed, and that kind of thing, but their prices are the lowest you'll find. So you can get the price of atvparts.biz, but with the good customer service and reliable shipping of denniskirk.

Motosport.com is another good one, especially for riding gear their prices rock.

I buy a lot of my stuff on ebay as well. Just watch for the seller's feedback, I avoid buying from a seller with less than 99% unless it's something I can't find elsewhere, in which case I make contact with the seller first so I get some peace of mind that I'm not getting screwed.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright im fairly new to the jeting thing. Will i need to rejet it if i use the lid? I dont know what kinda jet ill need, if i decide to run it without the lid. I might try it with the lid first then try with out it. If i go with out the lid is there anything i should be worried about as far as dirt/dust ? Ive never taken any qaud apart or anything like that so what would i need to do 1st if i rejet?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you leave the airbox lid on you shouldn't have to rejet. Don't worry about the dirt and dust. Especially with a k&n and an outerwears dust and even mud and water aren't an issue. Of course you don't want to swamp it in water deeper than the airbox, but the outerwears covers do an awesome job of keeping water, mud, and dust off the filter.

Basically, rejetting just involves unbolting and unscrewing parts like the airbox so you can access the carb. Then you just take a few screws out of the carb, which removes the float bowl. inside that is where you'll find the jet, that just screws right out to make way for the new one. Re-assemble, test ride, and make adjustments if necessary. It can be a trial and error thing to get it dialed in perfect, but it's not hard at all. Most shops and dealers will rape you for 2 or 3 hours of labor to do this, which is ridiculous.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY do you have a MSN Hotmail or Yahoo? It will be easier talking back and forth.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

So what jet will i need?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't have much experience with the raptor's carb, and it's a little different than the warrior's. Try doing a search or asking the question on yfmcentral.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

My brother wants to go with the uni. Ill go with the k&n and will see what happens from there. So is that other Pro Design Pro-Flow Kit Foam a uni filter? If not, are they the same and can you buy a replacment (uni) for that one? Thnks

Quick Reply: Raptor 350 mod question