Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MASS ATV REGISTRATION

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MASS ATV REGISTRATION

Hey,Was talking to one of my friends this week,Who went out riding this past Sunday and got caught by the E.P.{Enviromental Police} riding his Quad Without it being Registered.A big no no in this State.
He was fined $200.00 for being unregistered and another $50.00 for Tresspassing on Private Land And also had his ATV Towed which cost him another $100.00 to get it out of impound.
Had he taken the time and the $40.00 to get his ATV.Registered ,He could've saved himself a lot of dough.
At least if you do caught and are registered ,The E.P are pretty understanding.
To my knowledge, if your Registered, they wont tow your bike and you wont get a HUGE FINE.
In most cases they'll let you go and tell ya to leave the Premises.
Is it not worth $40.00 to get Registered ,Than pay a lot of hard earned dough.
Ma.Registration is good for 2 Years.
You can get a ATV Apllication on line & print out the form.
Send in a copy of the Country of Origin [TITLE],Bill Of Sale,Proof of payment for the Sales tax,And a check made out to R.M.V.I f you bought it from a Private Person,To register it you must show Proof of Sale Tax Paid on it ,Regardless of what State you may have purchased it from.
It may be a pain in the neck ,But it surely beats a big fine for just having some fun, sent mine in through the U.S.Mail and got my plates back within 3 days of sending it in.
Go to MAOHRV.GOV FOR MORE DETAILS and click on the ATV Link.
We pay out enough to this State as it is,Don't pay them more than you have to.It isn't worth the Headache.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

see i do this alot like ride on the road or county dirt roads or private land. Ive been caught about 3 times and they were pretty settle about it but i cant get caught again or else ill be find about 3 or 4 times and i wont be able to get my drivers license till im 19 or so. i keep doin it though but i keep my eyes open. i know tons of people who do it with there high modded banshees and raptors that just run from the cops if they get caught and always make it.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

In Wisconsin, a large portion of the money collected from atv registrations goes toward trail maintenance and new trail construction. So not only is it the law, it's also a good cause. Money well spent IMO...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bogator
see i do this alot like ride on the road or county dirt roads or private land. Ive been caught about 3 times and they were pretty settle about it but i cant get caught again or else ill be find about 3 or 4 times and i wont be able to get my drivers license till im 19 or so. i keep doin it though but i keep my eyes open. i know tons of people who do it with there high modded banshees and raptors that just run from the cops if they get caught and always make it.
Whats up Bogator,I can relate ,I too used to do the same thing,Been chased on numerous occasions back a long,long time ago when i used to race Moto-Cross Bikes. I learned the hard way $$$$$$$$$ and it was'nt' any fun.
Just a little word of advice,Get yourself Registered, cause i'd hate to hear you can't get your license till your 19. That would be a real Downer,And not to mention the $ you'll probably have to pay to get your license back.
There is nothing better than getting a bunch of friends together and taking off to a new riding place with peace of mind.
Just think about ,You,re gonna wanna go riding at other places and not have to ride in the same area all the time.
I'm not at all telling you what to do,It's your call.
The Local Law Enforcement will only put up with it for so long.
Hope ya make the right choice,And Ride Safely.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

ill take that advice in mind

Old 05-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Wolvydude
In Wisconsin, a large portion of the money collected from atv registrations goes toward trail maintenance and new trail construction. So not only is it the law, it's also a good cause. Money well spent IMO...
How are ya,Unfortunetly,This State is terrible for Legal riding areas.
We have only 4 State Parks that are legal to ride in and they're all located next to the N.Y Border.
It stinks for Fellow ATV'ERS ,Like me that have to drive a hundred and some odd miles each way for a Legal place to ride.
I live So.of Boston and there is really no legal place to ride ,Unless ya want to take a chance of running into the E.P.
There used to be many places to ride around here, But now it's been so developed Nobody wants to listen to the noise.
To be truthful, i don't even know where the money goes to.
I think i'll look into that.
Thanks for the reply and Always ride Safely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

Bogator, Good Man,You Wont Regret it.
Have a Great Weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Can ya'll ride on state maintained rodes up there or is there a lot of public land for you to use?
In Virginia effective July 1st 2006, we have to have our atv's registered if 90cc and above, bought from a dealership, traded in to a dealership or if the bike is wrecked and bought back by insurance co. If I remember, it's only a 10 dollar fee, but no one at DMV can answer the question, where does the money go? We cannot ride on any state roads or shoulders or right of ways and there is onlw one public riding spot and that is very small and run by a bunch of ****'s ( I'm not a tree hugger but I do try to tread lightly). I have been directed to several people to answer my question and get the run around. Did get an answer from a gamewarden and fellow rider, his comment was, "For taxes of course, what else could it be for?'

Old 05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stemcell700
Can ya'll ride on state maintained rodes up there or is there a lot of public land for you to use?
In Virginia effective July 1st 2006, we have to have our atv's registered if 90cc and above, bought from a dealership, traded in to a dealership or if the bike is wrecked and bought back by insurance co. If I remember, it's only a 10 dollar fee, but no one at DMV can answer the question, where does the money go? We cannot ride on any state roads or shoulders or right of ways and there is onlw one public riding spot and that is very small and run by a bunch of ****'s ( I'm not a tree hugger but I do try to tread lightly). I have been directed to several people to answer my question and get the run around. Did get an answer from a gamewarden and fellow rider, his comment was, "For taxes of course, what else could it be for?'
Hi there, No,This State is brutal,The only public ,Legal riding area's are far away for me and many others in this State.
They used to let us ride in 2 local State parks ,But closed one of them to all Motorized vehicles due to Residential Complaints.
Ya can take a chance ,But my biggest fear is going back to my truck and finding that my truck is gone,Towed Away.
Sorry to hear ya have a small place to ride , That does STINK. Have you checked ATV TRAIL SOURCE,Great info as to where to ride legally anywhere in the U.S.
I signed up for a 1/4 year and have already printed out the places i'm gonna go in N.H. Excellent source for trails.
For the amount of $ we pay in taxes ,It's really not fair.
Freetown State Forest,About 20 miles from me, just this year i believe ,Closed the park to all ATV,S But not to Dirtbikes.
Where's the Fairness in that.
Check out that Website,It may be very useful to ya.
Good Luck to ya and Safe Riding.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe we can make a difference Devals Homepage

Its number 5 on the list but not by too far

Quick Reply: MASS ATV REGISTRATION