Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Engine Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine Engine Build

Jasonp, you are right I was forgetting about the elevation change which will drastically reduce cylinder pressure. Although if he would decide to ride at a lower elevation he would have to run in the neighborhood of 110 depending on the cam, elevation, etc. If this isn't too much of a problem then sneaking the compression a little higher may not be too bad.

The reason I said to releeve the 366 was because for some reason I thought I recalled Mickey telling me that he ran a bigger sleeve on those. Maybe because it was the oem limit, or some other reliability issue I am not sure. I could have swore he told me he sleeved the 366 when we were talking engine options years ago. I may have been getting it confused with something else we were talking about though, you have to remember, I did that about 5 years ago.

Yeah I think you are right on the oil cooler I remember that crankcase drilling is involved but I don't remember the details. I ran out of funding and opted not do install the oil cooler.

Blaster96, always feel free to call Mickey and discuss engine options. He can tell you far more than we can and will be more than willing to help you. I would probably go with the oil cooler because its a wise investment and you cant go wrong in doing it.

I think as Jasonp was saying about the bigger oil cooler in place of the stock one that you could swap one from a certain year big bear 350 or 400 I cant remember which and it was supposedly a fairly easy and cheap swap. I personally would try the FST though.