Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee v/s raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ive heard forever about how bad the raptor is after a few mods ,about how they are beating up shees left an right.well i got to race one today it had a pipe k/n filter rejetted the rider is very exp at drag racing.i was at town washing my shee when a couple of guys came up to me with a raptor in the back and started asking questions about my shee and wanted to know if i would like to race? well i told them i would because i had been hearing so much about the raptor. so we came back to my place thats only a couple of miles away first we raced on blacktop 100yds i totally destroyed him!!! then we raced again for about200yds the same result only this time he was even further behind and he didnt want to race again.ok after that being said please dont start start bashing my bike has alote of mods and i do like the raptor it is smooth looking and fast for a four stroke but just not as fast as a shee with some mods.

Old 12-27-2000, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Stock for stock the Raptor is faster, after mods who the hell ever knows, you could make a Blaster faster than a Raptor if you tried hard enough, and you have alot of mods to that banshee. Just today a raced a bone stock banshee, with my bone stock raptor and pretty easily beat it in a loooong drag down a road. Its even off the start as long as my front wheels are reaching for the sky, but after that i pull away pretty quick. But thats stock for stock remember...

Old 12-27-2000, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I should hope that you could win with those mods!

Old 12-27-2000, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

this question is geting ask alittle 2 much you should look arounf on the yamaha forum and you should find at leav 8 people asking this same question

Old 12-27-2000, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I rode a stock banshee and then a stock raptor to get and idea of which atv I would buy. Since my scrambler was stolen. The banshee felt much faster than the raptor possibly due to the two stroke motor. I loved them both, but I want all the puss stuff like reverse, electric start,and easier to keep running 4 stroke so I am going with the raptor. Sounds like a bunch of things are going wrong on the raptor, but thats expected for a first year quad and plus hey I owned 2 polaris atvs I can deal with crap breaking all the time.

Old 12-28-2000, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder if the guy who stole it is having problems?

Old 12-28-2000, 10:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Kingraptor...I was wondering about your "dual intake kit". Would you mind posting some info. about it? Thanks!

Old 12-30-2000, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

how many problems did the DS have in its 1st year of production? one that i now of,a little old chain roller.dont figure.

Old 12-30-2000, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

Every week someone post another shee vs. raptor question. This forum is getting old. I raced shee and 400ex won some lost some. How cwn you meet some guy at a car wash and know he's a good rider? Plus with all your mods I would hope you would beat his raptor, but I just dont care anymore. Next week someone else with 2000.00 dollars of work on there shee will be talking the same junk. I like to ride both bikes, my buddy owns a shee and we like to ride eachothers bikes there both fun in there own ways but by know means is one better than the other.

Old 12-30-2000, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

I think you should re-think the mods that the raptor had. Firtst off if it had a k&n filter as you say and jet kit then it is the only one in the world so far seeing as how k&n has NOT even started production of a filter for the raptor yet.

hmmm. i wonder just how much more is hear say.

Quick Reply: banshee v/s raptor