Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ITP tire ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP tire ?

what is the difference between the ITP mudlite, and the Mudlite XL?

Old 06-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default ITP tire ?

the difference is the lug depth the xl has a deeper lug than the at, i just ordered a set of xl's for mine should be here next week can't wait.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ITP tire ?

Does this lug depth add weight to the tire or strain the atv more than the standard ITP mud lite? Most of my riding is in dirt and over rocky surfaces, occasional mud holes. Would the added lug depth help in loose rocky climbing.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default ITP tire ?

Mudlites may not be the right tire for you. You may want to ask around about which tires work good on rocks and hard packed and loose dirt.
You may want to try and find a good agressive general 'do all' type of tire.
From what I have seen Mudlites are not all that good on rocks and are not all that smooth on the trail. And you can all but forget about them in the snow and loose ground.
But they are a popular tire and a lot of people buy them. I think most people buy them because they are light (they feel that light is better - I dissagree but...) and they do a pretty good job in the mud.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default ITP tire ?

2007 Grizzley 450 from what information i could find it seems like the xl's are a bit heavier and any time more aggresive tread is added it will probably add some strain to the atv, as for how they perform i just don't know yet but hope for better result than buckaroo50 just gave me. I have never seem them in action but my buddy has a set about identical in pattern and those things were unstoppable in snow and climbing loose dirt hills i can't say about hard rock climbing though

Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ITP tire ?

mudlites are kinda soft for hard pack and rocks,but thats what I ride also,I've had mine on for many hours of trail riding and haven't noticed much wear..I find mine to be Awesome in mud(never ride in snow)Mine ride as smooth as the oem junk wolverine tires I had on my bike.Plus I was able to go from 23 to 25 in the rear and 23 to 24 in the front,and have not lost one bit of power..Motor wise my Wolverine is stock also..

Old 06-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default ITP tire ?

kinda what i was hopin to hear, i am sure they might not be the best for some of the riding i do but i sure don't like to get showed up in the mud or snow.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default ITP tire ?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: awsume800efi

2007 Grizzley 450 from what information i could find it seems like the xl's are a bit heavier and any time more aggresive tread is added it will probably add some strain to the atv, as for how they perform i just don't know yet but hope for better result than buckaroo50 just gave me. I have never seem them in action but my buddy has a set about identical in pattern and those things were unstoppable in snow and climbing loose dirt hills i can't say about hard rock climbing though</end quote></div>

With reference to Mudlites, what I have seen many times in loose dirt and loose gravel is that they just sink because they dig too fast and too agressively. There is no doubt that they are agressive and they will move alot of dirt/mud, just that with the loose stuff it moves it too fast and end up digging holes. The tread pattern seems to be too wide between the lugs for them to effectively grab rocks and hard surfaces.... Same thing as a summer tire vs a snow tire on asphault.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ITP tire ?

hehe yeah I'm sure the sled riders will love what mudlites will do to their snow trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ITP tire ?

I love my MUDLITE XTRs on my 05 Honda Rubicon. There a radial and are great in every riding condition I have been in. It seems like I ride in about the same conditions you do. So they should make you happy. They have great traction and ride very smoothly. They ride fine in rocks and any other terrian. They did not slow down my ATV or make me loose any power.( I am running the stock sizes at 25" tall). I know there are better mud tires out there, but this tire in my opinion is the best for all around trail riding. They are pretty cheap on Ebay too. You can get the 25" for US $348.99 with free shipping. Thats how I bought mine. Hope i helped.

Quick Reply: ITP tire ?