Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Very tempted...Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very tempted...Opinions please

i know what you're saying but the 450's are fast because they are built fast right from the factory!! what i'm sayin is that if you put the motor work the 450's have done into a raptor 700 then you will out run any 450!! they are fast but so is any other bike with the same amount of work!! too many people buy the fastest bike on the market and talk crap and that's the guys i am refering to because if anyone who wants to be the fastest was to buy a bike it'd either be a banshee or a larger cc motor like a raptor or 500r and they would build it up to be the fastest!! by the way stock for stock the raptor 700 runs neck and neck with the yfz450.. the 450 takes it early on but the raptor will catch it!! it has 2 more hp and only weighs 50 pounds more than the yfz with reverse and fuel injection but it has more power with less done!! the 450's are great bikes but they are built to run in a limited class and therefore are limited to smaller cc's or they would be bigger to be faster!! it all just depends on what you're looking for really!! my LT250 will run with stock 450's and my banshee will out run them, but the both have mods!! no matter how you look at it the larger cc engines have more potential to be faster if set up right.. or if you just want a stock bike that holds it's own and will run with 450 class bikes but will last longer because they are lower compression and are just not as built from the factory then go with the bigger cc's like an outlaw or raptor!! let me just say again the 450's are great bikes but are over rated by a lot of people that just think that because it's race ready out of the box that it's the fastest quad around and that's it!!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with you.the yfz450 is more ready to go out of the box but way more can be done with it to be even faster.i also know the 700 is faster on the big end and if you built the 700 to the hill a 450 could not touch it.anyway there all good bikes.i have two 2 strokes 04 blaster and 99 banshee.i spank stock yfz 450's with my banshee but have been beat by one 450 thats had some mods to it.they also handle pretty good out of the box have piggy back shocks,i want some for my banshee but there expensive.i notice you have a few 4 strokes,among your 2 strokes.i have owned many 4 and 2 strokes ended up with a banshee for my serious playi love the powerband but i have found its not for all situations.i want another 4 stroke for the tight trails and hills,soon as i find one pretty cheap but am going to keep my 2 strokes.i used to have one of the bikes your riding several years ago the lt250 good bike.i paid 600 for it ,was already piped and jetted a fried of mine offered me 1,200 for it so i dont have it anymore. happy trails

Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Trailblazer

yeah i love the LT, it's a fun bike and i love the handling!! like you said though, the stock suspession that these new bikes are coming with right out of the box is great!! i can beat any stock 4 stroke with my banshee, but i'm telling you what those built 4 strokes are getting so damn fast and keeping their ability to play on the tight trails and it the bowls at the dunes!! i raced one up sand mountain in little sahara, ut and it made me look stupid!! i feel ya on the banshee power band though.. it's amazing!! it has been an awesome bike and will definately stay in the collection!! now i just need to add an LTR450 and raptor 700!! oh and if you can't tell i'm non bias when it comes to bikes but some riders can really get on my nerves when they talk bad about other riders because they don't ride what they do!! i like when i find another banshee owner that is still on the same planet as everyone else!! now some 450 owners are becoming just as bad if you know what i mean!! anyways nice chatting dirt freak and scrammyUK i think you'll be happy and hope you enjoyed the conversation ha ha