Very tempted...Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very tempted...Opinions please

Looking for a bit of advice guys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/yamaha-b...Item#ebayphotohosting

Very tempted by this, I was after a 250r but getting them in the uk is a nightmare. I want to use it as a trail quad with some blasting on open land (own a farm in the mountains). You can see the spec from the listing, ohlins all round, fmf pipes, a-arms etc etc. It is a genuine listing, i've checked it out.

What do you think? Its a great price...
Thanks all

Old 06-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Range Rover

Looks like it already sold

Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah...to me!

Thought I'd give it a shot - at that price it is too good to miss and if I don't like it I'll be able to sell and probably make a bit of £££ at the same time...

Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer

for the type riding your going to do,you need a yfz450r,but banshee is good thats one of my rides.get a 450 and keep the banshee too thats what i would do.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is no way I could afford a 450. To give you some idea of the secondhand market in the UK:

£1000 = OK condition blaster, 1995-2000
£1500 = good condition blaster with a few mods (2000-2003)
£2000 = stock banshee (pre-2000), stock blaster (05/06), or a more heavily modded older one, old 400ex, 250r if you're lucky enough to find one, etc.
£3000 = race ready Blaster, nice Banshee
£3500+ = 04- 450's start coming available (stock)
£5000+ = Race ready 450's, 250r's, etc.

So I reckon I wasn't going to get anything that could touch that Banshee for £1750 - best other option was a lightly modded blaster!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

yea i really didnt know what atv's cost in the uk.if you purchaced a banshee thats fine is a god bike.what i was trying to explian with the 450 is that would have been a better bike for riding in the mountains.4 cycles have beter low end tourqe and alot more friendly when climbing big hills and such.the banshee it the perfect bike if your going to stay on the pipe if your just going to cruise it aroung your going to foul plugs not to mention the 4 strokes are more dependable if you goign to be way off deep in the wood or something like that.i have several 4 weelers i take whicever one suites the riding im going to do.if i was you i would keep the banshee though since they dont make them anymore.the banshee is only going to be worth more and more as time passes.i wouldnt sell my banshee.companies make a heavier flywheel to maintain the power of the banshee engine powerband also make a lighter fly wheel to increase the powerband for whatever type riding your going to do. take care

Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cheers man, I'm aware of the differences of two vs four stroke, however I think with the FMF pipes, Ohlins shocks and widened stance it should make a pretty fun play bike - I might gear it down a bit to suit tighter trails, so how it goes. Oh and I like things that rev! From what I've heard Banshees are pretty dependable so long as you keep them well maintained - which I intend to do. The engine hasn't been played around with, its stock other than a rejet for the FMF's so it should hold out well I'm hoping...

Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

Do not listen to the 4-poke freeks. You made a good descision and you are correct with proper maintance a 2 stroke will cost you less in the end. No need to adjust the timing chain adjust valves or god forbid the top end goes on a 4 stroke you will be into 1-2k to repair vs $200 for a 2-stroke top end rebuild. You also are producing the same power as a 450 with your piped banshee. Nice purchase I am sure you will love it.

As for hill shooting - nothing can beat a moded banshee up a hill except a moded zilla

Old 06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer

i ride an lt250r and a banshee and soon a raptor 700r i hope ha ha.. anyways, the banshee is a screamer and has done much better than i expected!! my 250 is a real torquer for a two stroke but when i change elevations, from 4000 to 8000ft, the banshee isn't even effected by it and my LT is in dier need of a smaller jet!! you'll be happier than many may think with that banshee!! though i do plan on having my 4 stroke for trail riding and stuff, but not an over rated 450!! sorry 450 guys!! P.S. i'm jealous of your 500r minnzilla, that's on my list as well!!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

i dont know who you was refering to as a 4 stroke guy i ride a banshee.but one of my best buddies rides a yfz 450 and spanks me and every raptor 660 or 700 that i have seen which is several of them.i guess you all are not aware that a yfz450 has more compression and lighter than a raptor 700 and stock to stock will out run a raptor 700 in a drag race.they rap up quicker and have a closer ratio trans will go thru the gears faster.read up on it.if a 450 is over rated the why do you have to pipe and jet a banshee to run with a yfz 450.think about it.i would say a 450 is not over rated.i love my banshee and plan on keeping it,its a different ride than a 4 stroke.but after riding my buddies screaming yfz 450 i am sold i will own one.i have owned 250 r 2 stroke and lt250 suzuki never a lt 500 would like to.it all comes down to there are so many good bikes out there new and old but tecnoligy is slowly taking over.i also have a buddie that has a banshee thats untouchable but hes got over 10k in it and cant ride it in trails anymore.im not a 2 or 4 cycle guy,im a what ever goes fast guy.