Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Little Sahara in Waynoka, OK

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Sahara in Waynoka, OK

Just went to Waynoka last weekend and it was a blast. I was running sand gecko paddles on the back of my banshee and single rib steer tires on the front. It did very well I thought. I drag raced against some lightly modded machines and stuck with them fairly well. My bike has no mods yet so I was impressed. We had fun.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Hey fastquad02blaster I plan on going up there in a few weeks. Did you go during the week or weekend and was it crowded?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

We got there on a thursday afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. I guess that dunefest was that weekend though, and it got pretty crowded by sat. night. It was definately a blast.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Trailblazer

what is required to ride lttle sahara.since its in oaklahoma do you have to have a oaklahoma land permit,does it cost to get into the place or to camp.how big is the place/area to ride.i have a couple of buddies that keep talking about going there.are there any big dunes that are hard to climb i hope.i live in east texas just an hour from broken bow oaklahoma where we ride sometimes,any idea how far it is from there.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Dirt Freak, below is there website. Maybe this can answer some of your questions. I know that orange flags are required. On the East side there are flat lands where drag races occur and on the west side are the dunes. From Broken Bow your looking at 5.5 to 6 hour drive to waynoka, its on the opposite corner of the state.

http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

cool i checked out the web site,i have the flag taken care of.never used it yet but i do have one.i also have 2 sets of sand tires on rims ready to rock that i never used.as far as it is 4 me to go there it will have to be a planed trip 4 shur.anyway thanks for the info i will have to check it out.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure that the flag is ORANGE! They are enforcing that rule so that there little moto shops make some money even if it's not for wheeler parts or clothes. Most of the trails are awesome, but there are a few that have some tree branches near them. Be careful and have fun. Helmets are not required but I would suggest one JUST INCASE.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

There are alot of big dunes and some of them are pretty steep on the fast side. They're not that hard to get up though. If it's windy, you need to watch out for the peaks on the tops. They will be very sharp.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

we have a group going there next month and none of us have ever been there or rodedues should be intertaining.the flag i have is orange and 10 ft tall.i was told by another that the flag has to be red or orange.not every one in the group has paddles either,i have two sets for me banshee will be running them.should be a blasst.i wonder which tires i have will do better there the geckos or areospeed.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

They have gone frickin stupid over the orange flag thing. We were there about 3 weeks ago and they were being real butts about it. Next time we go it will be something different. Just depends on what their gripe of the month is.

It is a super fun place to ride. I would wear a helmet if I were you. Not required but you never know what is coming over the top, right towards you.

Have fun.

Ronnie

Quick Reply: Little Sahara in Waynoka, OK