Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Venom winch

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
GTR
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom winch

Yes, these are junk. I purchased one last fall and used it 3 times before it seized up. The cable lodged between the spool drum and the housing and will not come out. This is a design flaw in my opinion. There is too much space beyond the spool drum. Venom has been completely unhelpful and claim this is user error. I should have guessed that they would not stand behind what they sell. I will stay away from Venom products in the future.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Venom winch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GTR

Yes, these are junk. I purchased one last fall and used it 3 times before it seized up. The cable lodged between the spool drum and the housing and will not come out. This is a design flaw in my opinion. There is too much space beyond the spool drum. Venom has been completely unhelpful and claim this is user error. I should have guessed that they would not stand behind what they sell. I will stay away from Venom products in the future.</end quote></div>

Actually Venom is right.... if when you were reeling in your cable you let it "STACK" on one side - then you could have caused the problem... This is also one of the reasons I do a straight pull and only use the top and bottom rollers on my fairlead and NOT the side rollers. Read my RANT up above [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default venom 3500

I have a venon3.5 on a polaris rzr 800. only used it a couple of times and it worked great. the last time i used it, the holding gear went out, now it wont pull. could fix it for about $17, but my friend that has been riding all his life said mile marker is the way to go. he has one on a can-am commander, and a toyota 4 runner rock crawler. have to listen to him, he has way too much expierence is this area. you make your own judgment. hope this helps you out. I am going with the mile marker 3500.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

I think its comical how many people suggested buying a venom AFTER they said all the problems they had with it. Seems most people who replied in here with their experience had issues with them. Doesn't sound like a winch I would want to buy.

Sometimes its better to spend a little more on something that probably won't give you so many rebuilds and headache's.