Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blater Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blater Issues...

Hello,

Sorry to keep posting stupid questions but hoping someone can help me. I recently rebuilt the top end on my 01 Blaster which has a Toomey B1 Kit, V-Force Reeds, and an open air box. I blew the motor first time I had it on the trails and it was lean so I have it jetted to 330 now. Took it out to break it in and on 2 seperate occasions while riding it seem to just die while down shifting. First time it seemed asthough the spark plug came loose for what ever reason and I retightened that. Checked the plug and it looked good (light brown, not black nor was it wet) so dont think its running lean. Overall the thing ran really good but just getting frustrated as I want to ride some trails but worried it is going to die or I am going to blow the thing up. I cleaned the carb good along with the rebuild and also adjusted the needle according to what Toomey recomended. Would it do this becuase it running hot?? I know its air cooled but I wasn't out that much was just on a little 2-3 mile trail that I was going back and forth on to break it in so due to the break in wasn't even going that fast. Any ideas of things I can check would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chad

Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blater Issues...

if the spark plug is a tan color thats good but any other color is very bad and if it was running hot then you could see it in the spark plug (threads have a white and chalky look) i'm not good as in the actual motor stuff so i won't say anything to throw you off but i hope this helps you