Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ohh that tippy feeling in a 07 Grizz

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 07:51 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Ohh that tippy feeling in a 07 Grizz

I will agree that after market tires have the ability to handle way better. It is an upgrade that I hope to be able to do soon. The reason I originally posted was for a couple reasons.

First, that with a little tuning stock tires will not roll under and can be set up to run very well. When dialed in I think most will be quite amazed at how well they actually do handle. I am sure that there are a pile of Grizzly owners that for what ever reasons are still running stocks, hopefully this and Buckaroo50's thread will help them get set up so they can enjoy their machines. As well, by posting my pressures and settings people may be able to use them as a starting point to find what they like.

The other reason was to show people how easy it actually was to set up your suspension and tire pressures. Regardless of how well anyones machine handles now I am sure that if they took the time to set up their suspension and tire pressures they could find improved handling, possibly even substantial.

I, too, also appreciate the advice from some of the local experts and would love to hear what tires people are using as well as what tire pressures and shock settings they like whether in general or for specific situations.

Before I forget I would like to make sure people realize that my machine is stock with the original dunlop tires on it. If you are running different tires you may find quite different results in your settings.

Thanks again all for all the help.

Old 07-17-2007 | 01:57 AM
|
Trailblazer

Due to the number of Pm's I have recieved I am bumping this up. If you haven't, go read Buckaroo50's thread on the AC forum.

Old 07-17-2007 | 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Westslope,
tried your preload settings last weekend. Oh Yeah Baby!, she works like a hot damn!. Even with my XTR's, I can corner way better with your settings.

Thnx man!.

Cheers

Jeff

Old 07-17-2007 | 08:32 PM
|
Trailblazer

Glad to hear your success. I really enjoy tuning my tires and suspension. I was curious to how the XTR's handled on the grizzly. Happy to know they work well as they are a tire I am considering.

Any others that have tried this we would love to hear your results so others may try and use them as a benchmark.

Happy Riding.