Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor wont go

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor wont go

When it is put into gear it goes no were, the engine idles and revs fine. I can put it into any gear and let the clutch out and it will not go anywere but it will not stall just continues idleing... have not had it opened up yet but i think its just the cluch anyone know for shure... Thanks

Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor wont go

Does it make any sort of noises when you let the clutch out? And did the clutch ever slip before this? Could be something with your clutch cable being adjusted wrong or something like that.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Range Rover
Default Raptor wont go

no i dont believe it makes a noise and i dont think it was slipping before... my brother took it out one day and came back being towed by a 4x4

Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor wont go

Check your cable and see if it's how it should be. Sounds like it got adjusted way to tight since it's not making any noises and it just revs like normal. See if it is hooked on how it should be and if the adjustments are right on it and maybe try unhooking it and seeing what it does then.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Default Raptor wont go

ok ill try that tomorow morning if i bought this clutch for nothing ill be soo pissed but then again i dont realy want to have it fixed... THanks

Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor wont go

Well you could always just send the clutch back couldn't you? I really don't think it would be the clutch if it's not making any noise when it's in gear. If not the cable then I don't know what it would be but I really doubt it's the clutch because they don't just go out. Hopefully it's not anything transmission wise but I think it would be making some nasty sounds then.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Default Raptor wont go

I have seen a 660 burn the clutch up in a matter of minutes with no warning at all. Of course, he was cutting donuts in a shallow creek with a solid, smooth rock bottom for about 10 minutes before the clutches went out. After they went out completely, his bike acted just like it was in neutral all the time. It would rev in gear with no strange noises at all. My first guess would be your clutches are gone. If they haven't been replaced in a while, it is/was only a matter of time before they went out.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default Raptor wont go

If you put it in gear and it does not move, and if your clutch lever feels tight , you might have a broken output shaft.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Range Rover
Default Raptor wont go

i have not checked to see if the lever feels tight but what kind of work would installing a new one intail and how much... My brother was riding it so if he broke an output shaft would he know it (like a realy load noise?)

Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default Raptor wont go

they usualy dont make noise, because they yust snap clean, as if it was cut with a saw. Start the bike, set it in gear and grab a hose, like 2 feet of garden hose, put one end in your ear and the oder in the sprocket. have someone rev it up, if you hear some hissing noise, that might be proof.

Quick Reply: Raptor wont go