Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Raptor Exhaust Available!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2001, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies, guys...keep talkin', I'm just listening and absorbing!!

Old 01-01-2001, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have seen only one actual dyno chart for an exhaust system and that was in the January issue of "4-WHEEL ATV ACTION". As many of you know they tested the CT Sonic pipe on the Raptor. The only thing I didn't like was that it appears they put a pipe on one Raptor and tested it against another stock Raptor. I know it's not that big of a deal but since stock bikes vary in hp. I would like to have seen them test the same bike before and after. Anyway, I liked the chart, it looks like it made approximately 4 more hp. from 3 grand to 5500rpm then it pulled away and made 6.3 more peak hp. The stock Raptor made peak hp at only 6000rpm ,which personally I thought would be higher,then fell off quickly. The CT pipe made peak power at 7000rpm and was still above the 6000rpm peak power of the stock system at 8500rpm.
I guess I shouldnt have assumed since the rev. limiter was at 9000rpm it was a screamer. I went to FMF website and they had a dyno chart of their system but when I clicked on the thumbnail, the larger picture was too blurry to see. I also wrote Big Gun an e-mail asking them to send me a dyno chart or some power figures. They responded the next day by saying 4-5hp. on the bottom to midrange and 10hp. on top. I don't know about this response. Hp. on top should be at peak but they could just look at the difference at say 8500rpm where if CT for instance used 8500rpm as a reference then the difference would be approximately 24hp....hmmm wouldn't it be nice if "Dirt Wheels" would do a raptor exhaust test??

Old 01-02-2001, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

I am listening also. I am waiting for the quite good looking pipe that gives 20 HP. LOL

Old 01-02-2001, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

Dustin was supposed to do a shootout in Dirt Wheels this month against Big Gun but had a problem getting the header pipes formed soon enough. They may have rescheduled for next month. I know because he wanted to take my bike to Dumont dunes to use for the shootout. Keep dreaming if you think you are going to get 20hp peak when the stock Raptor peaks out.

Old 01-02-2001, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Your not kidding! WAIT is the game that I am playing with TC right now! Unfortunatly TC has my whole quad which was to be done at the end of NOVEMBER and I still havent heard anything. I called TC last week and I was going to get my quad regardless if it was done or not and he was closed for a week! Talk about a bunch of BS I would have never of taken my quad there if I new it would take 2 months I love riding in the winter and I dont have my raptor! Plain and simple these shops/companies should not tell you one thing and not come through I could see maybe an extra week but months is BS I am going to try and get a hold of TC (hopefully I will be able to) today so I can go and get my quad regardless if its finished!

Old 01-02-2001, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

Eric,

Double check that phone#, tried it three times and can't be completed. Later.

Old 01-02-2001, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer
Old 01-02-2001, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

Digs,

FMF re-newed their web site for the new year...Check it out if you haven't seen it yet...the dyno charts are selectable and a LOT cleaner than they were...Tell me your opinion of the test, though...their ad says 10hp on top, the dyno looks a lot LESS! Then again, it doesn't say what pipe was on it during the dyno...gimme some feedback. Later.

Old 01-02-2001, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

Digs,

Found out from FMF today that the dyno was with Silencer only...Powerbomb head pipe not available yet. Think I'll just use the Gyt-r version and think about the head pipes when they're available.

Old 01-02-2001, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I checked out the dyno chart at FMF. It wasn't as impressive as the CT but then again they just put on a muffler. I guess we will just have to wait and see what they come up with. It looked like about 3hp. at peak but not much difference in the way power fell off.
I forgot to mention that CT said there was more power to be had with jetting and some airbox work on their system.

Quick Reply: Best Raptor Exhaust Available!