Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

breaking in new boots

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breaking in new boots

Just bought my very first pair of riding boots(O'neal M-10) probably not the best pair of boots out there but hey, they were on sale. Any weird ways some of you did to break them in?Like i heard to put them in hot water,where them around the house or when not riding.Also do i have to adjust my shift lever in order for my boot to fit under the lever? thanks guy's.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. James, try this...

I wore them in the shower. I got them wet inside and out, then I proceeded to walk around the block twice (I chose to be fully clothed for this part). Seriously, after I was done with that, they were almost completely broken in. I've recommended this technique to other friends and it seems to work...

Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

WELL, i gotta do what i gotta do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thanks brian...how you been?

Old 08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Not bad at all. Some crappy weekends in here for riding. I've been mainly hitting the track with the dirt bike after work during the week. I think I'm really taking my riding to the next level. I hope to hit Arkansaw, WI again, which will afford me the opportunity to try to get as comfortable with bigger jumps on the YFZ...

Old 08-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I have the same basic suggestion. Fill them with water and then wear them till dry. You could wash your truck and then mow the lawn. Kill 3 birds with one stone.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

you can ride with mnrap at 1/4 throttle ( i mean full throttle for you, 1/4 throttle for mnrap) as much as possable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] or instead of standing in shower w/ mnrap and zbutcher , just submerged them in water then slide them on and walk around.just remember they are never gonna be like your tennis shoe.
you can turn your shifter clockwise as much as you need to so boot will fit underneath shifter. you can also put something heavy on toe of left boot to flatten it alittle. mabey table leg or something.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

Have something heavy on them as we speak.We went riding yesterday and shifting was kind of hard,hope i was'nt to hard on the clutch.Ran into a tree in 4th gear,lost control going around a corner and SMACK...broke the 6inch or so tree right in half! My stock bumper is a gonner and my body is SORE just lucky i had my gear on and the bumper took all of the force...Oh well, now i can get a after market.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

thats what happens when you try to keep up w/ mnrap !!
and going in the rain dosent help either..
i'm surprised , mnrap had stated optimal riding condtions with minimal precipitation, and low pressure system halting in the west ...

Old 08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Zirard,,

Just ask BS about his special boot softening techinique he patented down in Black River Falls.. You have definatly developed the preliminary prepartion up in Danbury... just remove all those trees and replace with thick wet muddy BRF swamp..

Good to see that the worst of your trail departure only resulted in a dented front bumper and smashed frame mounts.. could have been much worse.. we've all done it at least once!

Remember /...... just try the 1/4 throttle technique!