Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee a hassle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 09:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive heard that the banshees are a hassle because they r liquid cool. Is it true that they r a hassle 2 keep coolant in them? How often must u put more coolant in them?

Old 01-02-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I'll try to help you understand why the coolant needs to be topped off every once in a while.
If you've ever seen one of those "space warp/ beam me up Scotty" kind of movies you know that when something goes into warp speed or has it's molecules broken down and then reassembled in its new location you will lose some of the molecules. This happenes especially to liquids during the warp process. I've noticed that when a rider [especially new ones] get to the warp phase in the ride they tend to lose fluids along with the Banshee. The following substances in the following quantities have been recorded...
Banshee- 2.013 ounces fuel, .065 ounces coolant.
Rider- 1.869 ounces sweat, 7.232 ounces urine.
As you can see it is much more important for the rider to keep his/ her fluid levels up than the Banshee. It has been observed that many Banshee riders have a gaped open mouth, visible tendons bulging in the neck, and permenantly deformed hands with the fingers curled into what looks like slightly opened fists. Of course the tell tale yellow blotch just below the front snap of the riding pants is a clear indication that the person is a Banshee rider. These are usually much greater concerns than the fluid level in the coolant bottle of the Banshee. The biggest precaution that must be taken with the Banshee is that it must be cared for with near religeous ferver and diligence. It must be sheltered at all times when not in use. It must be frequently oiled [the air filter that is] and cleaned [including the air filter] and it must be secured by the highest means possible. Due to the high amount of stored energy it has been said that Banshees left unattended go into warp speed by themselves and are never seen again. As far as the rider goes it is usually enough to give him/her the required amount of fluids and allow them to ride the Banshee on occasion. Otherwise the rider can be propped in the corner of the shed next to the shovel and the rake. Hopefully my extensive scientific research will help you understand the most important parts of riding/owning/maintaining a Banshee. If you have any questions feel free to post them here because I don't get my emails in the shed.

Old 01-02-2001, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

WHAT'S UP MAN! I always thought the bunchofshee was air cooled!

Old 01-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

Nicely put Holyman

Actually I have ridden mine all summer without having to add any coolant. Even though I get a little over flow showing on the pipes.

Old 01-02-2001, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

lol, good one..

Old 01-03-2001, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Holyman turned it in a very nice way, but I think I will resume by no. I haven't had any coolant related problem (have had one, but it was my shamely fault). Of course you do need to add some once in a while...but it's far from being a hassle!!

Old 01-03-2001, 05:07 AM
Trailblazer

I've never had a coolant problem and neither has my 3 buddies with them.

Old 01-03-2001, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

No coolant problems here, but needs a refill.

Old 01-03-2001, 08:31 AM
Range Rover

I rode mine all summer and never added coolant once. Then I installed a cool head and topped off the coolant and it did overflow some but nothing to be alarmed about.

Old 01-03-2001, 11:16 PM
jiz
Range Rover

IM NOT SURE AND I DONT REALLY THINK THIS WILL HELP BUT MY FRIEND DREW HAS A KX100 AND A SPORTSMAN AND HE HAS NEVER PUT MORE COOLANT IN AND THEY'RE STILL FULL!

Quick Reply: banshee a hassle?