Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior alba cam kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior alba cam kit

I'm thinking of putting the alba cam/valve spring/high comp. piston kit in my warrior. I'd be getting the 2mm overbore piston bringing it up to 366cc. anyways if i were to do this would i need to get a 38mm carb to feed it? and if so could i take it off a 250cc motocross bike and rejet it for the warrior? thanks

Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You can still run the stock carb, just make sure you jet it correctly. I have run 2 Warriors before with basically that same setup and the stock carb with no problems. Some people bad-mouth the stock Warrior carb, saying that it is junk, but I have never had any problems with them. Maybe I just don't know any difference since I've never had an aftermarket carb?

Old 09-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: skidude420

I'm thinking of putting the alba cam/valve spring/high comp. piston kit in my warrior. I'd be getting the 2mm overbore piston bringing it up to 366cc. anyways if i were to do this would i need to get a 38mm carb to feed it? and if so could i take it off a 250cc motocross bike and rejet it for the warrior? thanks</end quote></div>

Good kit for the money. Add about 8 more hp with a good pipe and filter.
Powroll also sells a kit as well. http://www.powroll.com/P_YAMAHA_RAPTOR-WARRIOR350.htm

Both are great for the money and give you a good gain in power.
The carb on the warrior is junk. I would recomend anything other then what it's got on there now but be forwarned that jetting can really be a head... You can find 38mm carbs kehin PE's off ebay pretty cheap for the warrior and also white brothers kits. I would recomend that and no 2 stroke carbs as there pilot, low speed circuit is different and I don't think it would work.
hope this helps.
P.S. if you can find like a stock z400 carb or raptor 350, CV style that would work to, usally though there more expensive then the kits. You might need a intake manifold to bolt on the stock one but there pretty cheap.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/...ead=1186457596&page=3

Some reading info on the subject.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

if you get a new carb... get an edelbrock carb.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Speedy2222

if you get a new carb... get an edelbrock carb.</end quote></div>
Why?

Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

they are a badass carb

Old 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

I was hoping for more info then that.
Give me reasons why there better then say a Kehin PE or Mikuni Flat slide.??

Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Jasonp

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: skidude420

I'm thinking of putting the alba cam/valve spring/high comp. piston kit in my warrior. I'd be getting the 2mm overbore piston bringing it up to 366cc. anyways if i were to do this would i need to get a 38mm carb to feed it? and if so could i take it off a 250cc motocross bike and rejet it for the warrior? thanks</end quote></div>

Good kit for the money. Add about 8 more hp with a good pipe and filter.

Powroll also sells a kit as well. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.powroll.com/P_YAMAHA_RAPTOR-WARRIOR350.htm
">http://www.powroll.com/P_YAMAH...-WARRIOR350.htm
</a>
Both are great for the money and give you a good gain in power.

The carb on the warrior is junk. I would recomend anything other then what it's got on there now but be forwarned that jetting can really be a head... You can find 38mm carbs kehin PE's off ebay pretty cheap for the warrior and also white brothers kits. I would recomend that and no 2 stroke carbs as there pilot, low speed circuit is different and I don't think it would work.

hope this helps.

P.S. if you can find like a stock z400 carb or raptor 350, CV style that would work to, usally though there more expensive then the kits. You might need a intake manifold to bolt on the stock one but there pretty cheap.</end quote></div>

I was just wondering what is so bad about the stock carb? I know the aftermarket carbs have got to be better, but can you really justify spending $450 on one?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow guys thanks for all the replies.
Raptor450, you just brought up my scenario exactly, i'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, but also want power. The stock carb does have a good "feel" to it if that makes any sense. If i have to get a better carb i'll try to find one cheap but if i don't need a new one, even better!
I found a white brothers carb kit with accelerator pump and twist throttle on ebay for a good price but it's for a raptor 350, i know they're basically the same machine but the warrior kit is $8 more on the white brothers site which means there's probably something different about it

Quick Reply: warrior alba cam kit