Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Three weeks...thats all it took

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three weeks...thats all it took

So I take my three week old brand new 08 Raptor 700 up north for a great weekend of riding and camping in Huron national forest. Great weather, friends and a long weekend nothing better. So I take my FIRST ride of the trip and some idiot 75 pound girl on a 700 pound polaris 4x4 comes flying around a corner right into me, nearly sends me over the bars and bends my tie rod and a-arm. The local Yamaha dealer doesn't have the parts in so I'm home already and with a repair bill coming to ad insult to injury.

I would like to plead to all riding groups out there, PLEASE put experienced riders in the front of the group! This is the second time I have been hit head on by somebody going too fast for their skill on an atv WAY to big for their skill.

Please be careful and ride to your ability!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

That sucks, but if you ride 'em hard, they won't stay new forever.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i almost got taken out by 2 girls riding double on a foreman 300 .. hell they even came up behind me and din't see me =-o.. i turned around and moved over just in time to avoid collision

Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

i just got back from the silver lake dunes and sum dumasss girl in a sand rail parked on the back side of the hill and a dude on a dirt bike jumped and landed on the sand rail i went over to check it out and his knee wuz like 3in down his leg, like it been bumbed out of place. i hate people like that, they just got no common sence at all.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

skyler where u live? i was up at silver lake last weekend

Old 09-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

i live in brighton. why?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

damn women drivers!
I had to bring a honda dirt bike out of the woods yesterday on my rear rack..it was a 100cc or so..it was a kid not a girl, but thought id share!
would of beena good pic...2 yamaha quads, 3 yammy bikes and 1 honda strapped to the rear of my rack. lol

Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

That's my biggest fear is someone coming around the corner to hot for conditions and riding in my lane. I am always the one out front and I think about it all the time when we are burning through the woods.

Last new years we were down in Cabo San Lucas where we have 4 small bikes 400cc and under and I almost got taken out by some clown that was coming up the wrong way on a one way trail. I had my daughter sitting in front of me and I had to bail off of the trail over an 18 inch cut that launched the bike up in the air. I was able to bring her down on all 4's but it scared the you know what out of my daughter. I know the locals feel they have the right to ride when, where and how they want to but someone could have been hurt bad on that one. That's why I am always looking through the brush to see if I can see anyone coming my way and I always stick to my lane.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I hear that. we have a lot of one way trails in GA. Thank god!!! most pepole follow the rules. but some people shouldn't own a car let alone a dirt toy. guys on road bikes will tell you to watch out for every one eles. I guess this is how it is in the new age of ridding in the woods. So this is how it goes. Never rode an ATV. saw it on tv that makes me a pro with nothing to learn, even how to ride. Be carful man!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I hear that. we have a lot of one way trails in GA. Thank god!!! most pepole follow the rules. but some people shouldn't own a car let alone a dirt toy. guys on road bikes will tell you to watch out for every one eles. I guess this is how it is in the new age of ridding in the woods. So this is how it goes. Never rode an ATV. saw it on tv that makes me a pro with nothing to learn, even how to ride. Be carful man!!!