Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverines can fly,but....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wolverines can fly,but....

So I was at Majestic Trails in northern PA.yesturday,I had a great time riding all their trails,a great technical trail system,lots of climbs and downhills mud,etc...

So after a few hours I went to go check out the guys riding their MX track,It's a track pretty much built for quads few nice table tops for jumps,no doubles or anything to big..So these guys on thier sport quads were having a great time jumping and such,so I thought I'd give it a go(never jumping my Wolverine over 3 feet)My wolverine is pretty heavy,I have full protection guards,winch and a pack with my tools and water and such on the back rack.Plus me being 180lbs,so I figure my wolverine with me on it has to go about 700lbs..

So I took a few laps at a slower speed to get used to the track,then I went for it..I hit the big table top in 5th gear..wow what a feeling the jump went great landed on all fours and all the guys on thier sport bikes could not believe how high and far I went..I though I was a dead man lol..Well after a few more laps,I felt my brake pedal bouncing up and tapping my boot..so I thought I blew out my rear brake or something..Well after looking around the area where the rear hand brake linkage is I seen my frame snapped right in two,right where the "A" frame starts to go up..Gahh

You guys think getting this thing welded will hold up??(I like to ride pretty hard)

BTW..the guys at the track said I was atleast 15ft in the air and flew for about 25ft lol..I'm still debating if it was worth it..The adrenaline buzz was great,felt young again lol

Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tig weld in some gussets and your good to go

Old 10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weld it back together and put a gusset in there, if i were you i'd gusset the other side, along with around where the a arms and shock attaches