Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stock 91 warrior vs modded 2001 blaster trade

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 91 warrior vs modded 2001 blaster trade

do you think I should trade my 91 warrior with nerf bars and a suppertrappe exhaust for a 2001 blaster bored out to 240cc with the cylinder honed and the piston redone this summer? heres the blaster http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/455439925.html

Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

There is a lot of opinion involved in that. I wouldn't trade it.

If all the Blaster has had done is bored to 240 and nothing else than the Warrior is probably still faster.

Neither machine is particularly powerfull overall but the Warrior has tons of low end torque whereas the Blaster has to be wound up to do anything at all which in my opinion makes the Warrior more fun to ride.

The Warrior will likely require less repair over time even though its older. Allthough 2 strokes have thier advantages (Ive had a bunch) they do break more.

A stock Warrior doesnt handle that great but neither does a Blaster. I think it would be a lot easier to improve the handling of the Warrior. A $56 set of Z400 shocks (required homade brackets) made 1000% percent difference on mine. The Blaster is a small quad and thats hard to change.

The only advantage I see is the Blaster is probably worth a few hundred dollars more in resale.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

keep the warrior...unless your a small dude/dudet...the blasters are kinda squirly for me...as for resale warrior is better

Old 11-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TomM

If all the Blaster has had done is bored to 240 and nothing else than the Warrior is probably still faster.

Neither machine is particularly powerfull overall but the Warrior has tons of low end torque whereas the Blaster has to be wound up to do anything at all which in my opinion makes the Warrior more fun to ride.

The Warrior will likely require less repair over time even though its older. Allthough 2 strokes have thier advantages (Ive had a bunch) they do break more.

((((((((A stock Warrior doesnt handle that great but neither does a Blaster. )))))))) I think it would be a lot easier to improve the handling of the Warrior. A $56 set of Z400 shocks (required homade brackets) made 1000% percent difference on mine. The Blaster is a small quad and thats hard to change.

The only advantage I see is the Blaster is probably worth a few hundred dollars more in resale.</end quote></div>

Are you crazy blasters handle 10 times better than a warrior and have great handleing they are small nimble and light. Ive rode a blaster for 10 years and can perform more tight manovers in trails then you could ever accomplish with a bigger heavier quad. I would definatly get the blaster because of the 240 kit. It will beat a stock warrior without a doubht whoever thinks i am wrong get a blaster with a 240 and get a warrior thats not evan stock it can be piped and jetted to and the blaster will win with out a doubht. Thats not evan a question.LOL I was beating warriors with a jet kit and a toomey silencer and header pipe before i evan got my 240 kit in my blaster. All thoe warriors are more of a laid back old man ride if you want that keep the warrior. The warrior is alot smoother and thats about it.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 420Pimp

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TomM

((((((((A stock Warrior doesnt handle that great but neither does a Blaster. )))))))) I think it would be a lot easier to improve the handling of the Warrior. A $56 set of Z400 shocks (required homade brackets) made 1000% percent difference on mine. The Blaster is a small quad and thats hard to change.

The only advantage I see is the Blaster is probably worth a few hundred dollars more in resale.</end quote></div>

Are you crazy blasters handle 10 times better than a warrior and have great handleing they are small nimble and light. Ive rode a blaster for 10 years and can perform more tight manovers in trails then you could ever accomplish with a bigger heavier quad. I would definatly get the blaster because of the 240 kit. It will beat a stock warrior without a doubht whoever thinks i am wrong get a blaster with a 240 and get a warrior thats not evan stock it can be piped and jetted to and the blaster will win with out a doubht. Thats not evan a question.LOL I was beating warriors with a jet kit and a toomey silencer and header pipe before i evan got my 240 kit in my blaster. All thoe warriors are more of a laid back old man ride if you want that keep the warrior. The warrior is alot smoother and thats about it.</end quote></div>

yea I'm only about 5'8 probably so I think a blaster would b better for me

Old 11-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

trade for the blaster....

There is far more MOD wise you can do to a blaster then a warrior...

A blaster will eat a warrior for breakfast....

plain and simple get the blaster.... you can do so much to them... for instance a yz250 motor pretty much bots right up..... a stock yz250 motor pushes 40+ HP,,, STOCK!!! imagine the possibilities there.

beyond the scope of the yz250 motor you can add a warrior rear axle and swingarm.... warrior disc brakes.... wheels... You can add a variety of excellent rear adjustable shocks... the list goes on and on... raptor a - arms will even fit on a blaster with some massaging....

blaster will outperform and will most deffinietly out maneuver a warrior in my opinion

Old 11-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 420Pimp

Are you crazy blasters handle 10 times better than a warrior and have great handleing </end quote></div>

No not crazy. Also not on drugs and not a pimp.

Ive rode Blasters and a Warrior in real life making stuff up will only impress people who havent.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: indi360

A blaster will eat a warrior for breakfast....</end quote></div>

Now I remember why I quit posting to topics like this one. I bet your Blaster could also eat my LT500R for breakfast and outhandle any of those new 450's.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: indi360

trade for the blaster....

There is far more MOD wise you can do to a blaster then a warrior...

A blaster will eat a warrior for breakfast....

plain and simple get the blaster.... you can do so much to them... for instance a yz250 motor pretty much bots right up..... a stock yz250 motor pushes 40+ HP,,, STOCK!!! imagine the possibilities there.

beyond the scope of the yz250 motor you can add a warrior rear axle and swingarm.... warrior disc brakes.... wheels... You can add a variety of excellent rear adjustable shocks... the list goes on and on... raptor a - arms will even fit on a blaster with some massaging....

blaster will outperform and will most deffinietly out maneuver a warrior in my opinion</end quote></div>

ok well now I just gotta talk to my dad bout it cuz the titles in his name well I got 7 votes to get a blaster on another forum so I think I'm gettin it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Edit: why isn't my poll showin up?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

To tom m

Dont get sidetracked guy were talking about the blaster vs the warrior not the blaster vs a yfz or ltr. Guys like you dont know how to ride you are the guys out in the pit that will ride by a jump 10 times and then wont hit it evan thoe u have the performance quad with all the great mods and money. You think the bike makes u a rider. The rider makes the bike.

Im the guy that scopes the jump out one time and hits it with a blaster and im a 210 pound dood. Im the guy that will hit 100ft doubles on a grizzly and dont need a bikes name to make me look skilled like some other people.

I am a real rider not a poser like most here.

Quick Reply: Stock 91 warrior vs modded 2001 blaster trade