Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Srategies for leftovers.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Srategies for leftovers.........

Hey guys- still in the market, yes I've been jumping the fence here and there- but the Grizz 450 is the shizzle. Hi Lo range, good engine good weight, just the right size, IRS locking differential- well youguys know the specs. Oh, and just the right size to throw around in the woods. So now we arrive at the cost issue; I've been outta the loop for so long on vehicle wrestling.
Gonna got o Albuquerque one of these days to the big dealers to check everything out. How far can you bend the dealer over to get'em down? I'm fixin' to pick up a leftover 2007- I wonder how hard it would be to get'em down to say 57- 5800 bucks off the MSRP 6300. Any pointers and advise be greatly appreciated...................
THanks

Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't appear to have your mind made up on any particular model. Make them show you ALL their models, remember 'time is money'; the more time they waste with you the more likely they will be willing to deal.

Ask what their 'out the door' price is and what it covers. Some dealers lowball the cost of the bike, then add dealer prep and assembly. Refuse to pay dealer prep and assembly, those costs are the cost of doing business. Remember , if it wasn't assembled and sitting on the showroom floor, you wouldn't be looking at it. You should never pay them to have the bike available for you to look at.

Some dealers like to charge for paperwork- refuse to pay that too. Again, that's a cost of doing business; the state and local government requires them to do the paperwork, you don't need to pay the dealer to file it, when it is of no benefit to you. The same with credit apps. If they want to charge you for applying for credit, tell them you'll do it at home over the internet. Run your credit report and bring it with you. Most times you can get it for free.
If you need to register the bike, tell them you will go to the motor vehicles office yourself.

Some dealers sell insurance for the machine, refuse that. Most home and auto insurers will cover atvs AND give you a discount. Just call you agent before you leave the dealer, and they will put a 'binder' on it and issue you a temporary policy # via phone.

As far as the service warranty, if you want it; get it. But shop around first. There are others. If you go with Yamaha, have the dealer go over it with you before you sign up.

Having said all that, you should be able to get $1000-1500 off MSRP.

Make sure you ask for a discount on accessories, if you want any. Thoroughly inspect the machine before you take delivery. All fluids, tires at proper pressure, have them show you how to adjust the shocks.

HTH

Hefty

Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Be sure to ask your insurance agent before you assume the atv will be covered by homeowners. Most times it is not.

Still, you can get insurance other places than the dealer, and at a better price.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

$1000- 1500 off MSRP, ooofa! Hey, then I'm dealin' for that Grizzly. I was also thinkin' if it got to be real hardball to just tell'em to load the quad back in the truck(my trade in). But it sounds like I may not hafta do that. I definately wanted the winch and overfenders.................

P.S. this late in the year- is this a good time to deal, or should I wait 'till January............

Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to find a 700 Grizz for around 6K, Ive seen them go for that http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks WV, but I've got a trade in that I hafta unload. Now If I could wrestle down a 700, hmm.................

Edit;
light just went on on what you were getting at. I think my trade and a check for $3,500 oughtta do it.................

Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

Be sure to ask your insurance agent before you assume the atv will be covered by homeowners. Most times it is not.

Still, you can get insurance other places than the dealer, and at a better price.</end quote></div>

I know this is off topic, but just for the record, State Farm WILL cover an ATV under homeowners IF the ATV was used to maintain the property or if the ATV was used to help the handicapped around your house. So, if you use your ATV for any of these reasons, I would recommend that you get pictures of you doing just that to prove that you use your ATV for these reasons just in case your ATV does happen to be stolen and you don't have the added insurance. Most insurance companies do have loopholes like this, you just have to dig through your policy to find them. When my 660 was stolen, State Farm lied to me and told me they ABSOLUTELY do NOT cover ATVs under homeowners, but after doing the research and found that they would under certain circumstances, they covered my Raptor, but only after arguing with me for 6 months and cancelling my policy. "Like a good neighbor"? Yeah right!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Another loophole they will use is if it was stored in a shed, not a garage. They consider that a detached building and will say they are not repsonsible for it.

The best thing to do is just get a policy that covers the atv specifically. That way, theft or just a bad accident will be covered.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Man- and I thought my agent back in Ilinois was just full of hot air when she trid to write up a policy on the quad back in '02. But hey- back to dealing; got anymore pointers? the weatherman says it's gonna be a warm and dry winter, if that adds to my bargaining power................

Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

Progressive and Erie insurance are the two best places to start on insurance quotes, nobody will be near their low prices. Geico blows.. If you could live without LOW range I think the Wolverine is the way to go, I got my 07 for 4500 OTD and its all most people should ever need. I started out looking at Grizz 450's and decided it was too much for one use-Utility, I really dont like mixing riding with work lol. I think the 700 Grizz is the deal of Utility quads Ive seen, its engine is much smoother than the non-counter-balanced 450 engines.