Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mods of 4-strokes vs. 2-stroke -- 4 stroke better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2001, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, maybe it's true that 2-strokes respond better to mods than four strokes but that's not what these two graphs are showing me: First a banshee with Pro-design Pro-flow with K&N, Airbox snorkle removed, DMC pipes, Dynojet kit. 4.3 hp max-to-max increase

http://www.mobiledyno.com/sys-tmpl/s...book&UID=10010

Next a Raptor with Ct pipes , Pro-flow filter and jet set(with air box off).max-to-max 11 hp gain

http://www.ctracing.com/news.htm
'page down to it'

I understand that the dynos can be off a bit but that's a 7hp difference. Can somebody clear this up for me?

Old 01-08-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

I guess this means that the raptor really is resticted with its stock parts. Ct even said it was the biggest gain that they had ever got with a pipe and air box mod. Hey Eric did you feel a 10hp gain on your quad with the BG exhaust? I hope you did if not all these companies are full of BS!

Old 01-08-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

I still only have the slip-on on . There was a definate increase. I don't want to put my jets on and I work two hours away from home and it's hard to get my quad to a shop to get them in. I am excited though, I can't wait until I have the full exhaust, jets and Pro-flow on without the lid. It should rip then.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

I just got back from Glamis where I tested my new Big Gun setup, complete system, pro-flow filter, air box lid off, re-jet to 180/185 mains. It's all BS, there's no way I got a 10hp increase, maybe 4 or 5 max. Don't get me wrong, I love it, rides great in the dunes, but the increase seems to be in the torque, not the top end hp. I can dune all day in 3rd gear, and not have to work so hard like I did with the Warrior.

And for the record there is no way a Raptor is going to beat a piped Banshee up Olds hill!

Old 01-08-2001, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen both graphs. Seems to me that the CT total increase went from 33 hp (remember the california model comment) all the way to 50 on their "graph". The mobiledyno graphs look like real dyno charts, while the CT one looks made up. I don't think they were trying to make it look real anyway. About the mobiledyno numbers, they ran these with the air snorkel off, but box cover on. From my experience this is worth another 2.5 hp on top. Just look later in the build up and you'll see they ended up with the cover off.

I still have not seen a real dyno run on the raptor. I'm sure they're out there, but gthunder and mobiledyno haven't posted them yet, and I like what these guys are doing. Everything there is totally believable. I'll believe the CT numbers when somebody else can back them up.

BTW - good comment about olds hill. As I said in another thread, glamis is a reality check for people that "think" they know what fast is...

Old 01-08-2001, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm taking my Raptor to Glamis for Valentine's day weekend and was hoping to give a few Banshee's some good competition. Needless to say you just bursted my bubble.