Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why are Blaster's so bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2001, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride with many older guys and when i told them a friend and i got a Blaster they alll tell me that they are crappy. So i would apreciate it if you guys(girls) would tell me what kind of problems you've had with blaster's. If i dont like it then i will probably just sell it.

Old 01-08-2001, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Blasters rule, who cares? If you are having fun then forget it.. I love em, great fun.

Old 01-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Blasters are exactly bad quads, just a little obsolete. These atv's are running with the same parts they used 13 years ago. They can be a little tricky to work on, since for me it seemed like when something went wrong everything did. As long as you take good care of it then it shouldn't give you any trouble for a while.With a little work they can get real fast too. A friend of mine races MX in the 250 class with his 93 blaster and he finished first overall last season.

Old 01-08-2001, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

blaster is a awesome quad, but the only reason i dont want one is the lack of power, but they are good for some people that are not the type thats likes power

Old 01-08-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Dont listen to them, a total combined 20 posts.. The only thing wrong with a blaster is the brakes... if you are a big guy then the blaster may not be for you, however us little guys fly..

Old 01-09-2001, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

I love my Blaster too.It's fun fast and jumps great.I had an 87 230 E Suzuki Quad Runner 4 stroke and it had to be fix every week end. I had my 90 Blaster for two years now and the only problem I had with it was the reeds.Thats good because I changed for Boyesen and my Blaster run better than ever.Best bike I ever bought!

Photo album: http://photos.yahoo.com/procurcuitblaster
Tell me what you think.

Old 01-09-2001, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

Whoever says the blaster is a bad bike is full of it. I agree about the comment about the brakes, they dont stop you in a rush. Its an awesome bike to throw around, and is non stop fun. Ideal for beginners to learn and grow on. As far as reliability goes, my friend has an old 96 model that has been to hell and back. He doesnt do any work on the bike, and it allways responds.

01 bule Raptor
01 blue Blaster

Check out my web site here in South Africa : www.quadzone.co.za

Old 01-09-2001, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

Blasters are not bad bikes at all. A Blaster was my first sports quad. It was very easy to throw around and not bad for a 5'10" 150lb rider. I do agree with the brakes, they do need replacing or an update from Yamaha. My front brakes went out at a bad time on a downhill roll, I only use them when going down and the rear is sliding.

It is tipsy but with a wider tire/rim it helps, and it can be a lil underpowered at times stock but a pipe/filter can fix that.

Old 01-09-2001, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

i dont think there bad. the brakes need to be better. but you must remember thats what keeps the price down where the "average joe" can get into the sport. when i was 18 thats all i could afford. a couple of adults on banshees came up and we where talking then out of no where the guy says my daughter rides a banshee. so i played along and went cool hehehe. they then asked if i wanted to ride with them and made me eat roost. i didnt mind that i was still having fun untill mixed in the roost was a nice size rock and i didnt have a cheat protector..ouch!
what i am trying to say the blaster gets alot of people into the sport that couldnt other wise. and i still had alot of fun and memories on mine from back then.

Old 01-09-2001, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Yup, I agree.
How many people out there started out on Blasters?
Plenty I'm sure.

01 blue Raptor
01 blue Blaster

Quick Reply: Why are Blaster's so bad?