Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 400 big enough?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
srj
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 400 big enough?

Will do .................. but not until Christmas morning!
Your help has been invaluable, everyone.
I know, much better now, what to look for,
what to buy for our needs.
Plus. I can't wait to replace my author icon with a cool 4x4 shot!
Thanks!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: west350bruin

I just sold my Bruin 350 yesterday and I used it to plow my driveway for 2 years. It did not have a low gear or locker. It worked fine. My driveway is straight and has no incline, but it is large. 4 cars wide and 4 cars deep. I had no problems plowing. The only power problem I had with the bruin was when I put mudlites on it. I didn't notice much powerloss while riding, but when I got into thick mud the tires wouldn't even turn sometimes.

I personally think ATV's are like bottles of booze.. you can get the biggest one for a just a little more, and they way they are priced makes you ( or atleast me) want to get the bigger one. (Ok, I'm talking whiskey at this point)

The 660 Grizz is not much more then the 450..then the 700 is not much more then the 660..

The power of the Grizz 700 (and I'm sure the 660 also) is huger in comparison to the 350. Do you need all that power? Probably not.

Long story short, don't sell yourself short over a thousand dollars when you can get what you really want, or wish you had gotten down the road.

Personally, I'm happy I bought a bruin first, If I had a Grizz 660 or 700 first I probably would be dead right now. lol</end quote></div>

I thought I sw you over at grizzly central because you posted something about selling your quad to a 15 yr old, and you had a new Grizz, and now that I see you pictures compared to your avatar there, I'm now sure.(if that didn't make much sense it's probly because I can't think straight right now.</end quote></div>

yep thats me...I seen you on there too..thought the name was familiar..now it makes sense [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think with everything considered, the Grizz 450will be the best package for you. Not so much the extra few cc's, but the dif loc and the low range. I know what you're going thru- I was jus tthru the same thin myself....................

Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
srj
Weekend Warrior

I locked in a steel blue 450 Grizzly yesterday, no winch, but with the $79 snow plow package instead. I'm thinking that the plow will be much more used than a winch what with this being a family machine and all. 2 yr. warranty, 0 down, 0 interest, 0 pmt for 6 mo. Won't pick it up until the 24th of Dec., so no photos yet. We won't be going mud bogging, etc., at least I don't plan on it! But............... someday I might have to pay for that decision!
Thanks for everything, everyone, you really have been a ton of help! And Merry Christmas!

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: srj

I locked in a steel blue 450 Grizzly yesterday, no winch, but with the $79 snow plow package instead. I'm thinking that the plow will be much more used than a winch what with this being a family machine and all. </end quote></div>

Maybe I'm missing something but don't you need the winch to conveniently use the plow? I thought that's what adjusts the height and lifts the blade!

Congratulations on the new quad. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
srj
Weekend Warrior

It's a manually adjusted plow, no need for the winch. My friend has one and he likes it and
has no winch. a winch would add $4-500 to the package. I had the choice of the plow or the
winch for $79, then if I got the other it was at full price. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outstnding! And you can always add a winch later, great decision forgoing the winch for the plow.....

Old 12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Grab a cheap venom winch off of ebay for under $150 shipped. Had one on my bruin worked very well, had no problems what so ever with it.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
srj
Weekend Warrior

Great. Thanks, again, and again! I'm not familiar with the Venom winch, but will surely check it out!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

I have a GORILLA WINCH 2500 pounds came with the rubber roller saver a hawse 40 foot of that soft wire rope supper tough stuff and has a little rocker switch hadle bar mounted and the roller all the bells and whistle's you ould use on a winch for 170 shipped and it is really tough it will easily pull my grizzly up in a tree the mounting plate was 35 bucks more so for rite at 200 bucks you get everything...... awesome winch!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Grizzly 400 big enough?