Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The BigBore/Stroker Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BigBore/Stroker Kits

Heh, screw splitting the case myself. I can only see bad things happening. No way a good thing can come from all those part and myself. Doing a topend rebuild isn't an issue, but for some reason I just don't think myself and a tranny will get along. (haha) Looking like I'll be getting my W2's in a the next week or so, and finding out what my refund will be this year is definately going to steer me one way or the other in doing the bbk. I will let you guys know what I decide here in the coming weeks.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

The Webcam will be fine for the 446. You could actually get a bigger cam like the one from Powroll that is actaully bigger than the .430" Webcam, but at some point you just have to stop. I have the Webcam in mine and the stock carb and I'm pleased with it, plus I'm not spending another dime on it.

As for gearing, you will just have to play with it to get what you want. I personally like to gear a Warrior as high as possible and still be able to leave the line in 2nd gear. I have a 15 on mine now and it needs a 16. I think a 13 will be too small even with the 22's. Cause with these mods your engine will rev so fast you will be in 6th gear before you even realize it and wishing you had more. And 1st gear is so low on a Warrior you will have all the grunt you will ever need, and if you gear your sprockets too low 1st gear will be all but useless.

Splitting cases: I didn't mess with that either. I drained the oil, loosened all the bolts I could, removed the engine, took the topend off and the shop split the cases, re-installed everything with the new crank, piston, and cylinder for $140. His rates were $45/hour. That was 140 dollars well spent. You could even let them install the head and set your timing, then just drop the whole engine in. That would be easier than fighting trying to get those stupid long head bolts in!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a couple of questions i have a 98 warrior with the 365 kit wanted too go bigger i read u guys stuff talkin about the 446 kit all i can find is 430 kit are u borin the sleeve all the way out an i all ready put springs an valves an the cam it called for what would i need to do to get the most out of my warrior i have the fmf titanium an the power bomb head pipe back i wanted to know more about the oil cooler i have my head port an polish should i put bigger valves in it an the rod bearing melted to the crank i have a different crank i wanted too know what about a rod the kit dont come with one

Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Fourstroketech.net has the 446 kit. The 446 comes with a new, larger sleeve. The factory sleeve cannot be bored out that much. The 446 comes with a new (it's actually rebuilt) crank with +10mm longer rod, new piston, and new sleeve. FST also has the oil cooler kits for about $100. They are supposed to keep the oil cooler which keeps the oil viscocity from breaking down. The larger valves are a fairly cheap mod you can do that will help, but you at least need a high compression piston to work with the cam, P&P and larger valves. You can research Kibblewhite for the valves.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior Motor

My connecting rod crankshaft bearing is blown and I need to get the crank redone and the sleeve is also a little scored so I would like to get a bigbore stroker kit but I want something that can run 93 octane gas and does one of these kits come with all the gaskets for top and bottom end. Also will I have to send the case away to get the case machined to fit one of these new cranks. Will my carb that I have know work with this if it has a stage 2 dyno jet kitin it. I was wondering how much it would cost to get one of these kits plus all the other charges. I'm also doing the work myself.